Project Manager (Construction)
- Location: County Down
- Job referenceWPR03-070402_1495726260
- Level of educationThird Level Degree
A well established, specialist Metalwork Fabrication Contractor are recruiting for a Project Manager to join their team delivering complex Steel Fabrication services to some of the biggest construction companies in the UK.
Based in County Down, our Client is renowned for their expertise in both design and fabrication of metalwork and pipe welding. They have secured a creditable reputation with repeat contracts from a vast array of UK Tier 1 Contractors on projects such as London Cross Rail, Water/Wastewater Treatment Projects, Marine, Education, Residential and Healthcare.
Due to this ongoing success they are looking to strengthen their delivery team with the appointment of a Project Manager, who will come on board to manage and oversee the steel structure phase of their construction projects in UK. This will require mid week travel to the UK.
Some of your responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Read structural drawings, connection details and specifications.
- Understand the project requirements, scope of works, budgets and input to programs.
- Liaise with Client site teams and Engineers.
- Manage a team of Site Foremen and Operatives.
- Liaise with Estimators, Workshop Manager and QS’s, successfully working as a team.
To be considered for the role you will have:
- Excellent client facing skills with ability to see projects through to completion, on time and to budget, communicating with both clients and sub-contractors.
- 3rd level qualification in a relevant technical discipline.
- Highly desirable but not essential, is experience in a similar role within a building or civils environment or steelwork installation company.
- Excellent negotiation skills and positive attitude to problems.
You will also have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
If you feel this exciting "Project Manager (Construction)" role is something you may be interested in and you would like to be considered please apply via the button shown and we will contact you upon receipt of your application to discuss your suitability and the role specifics in more detail. Please also be aware that any correspondence or discussions related to this opportunity will be conducted with the utmost of confidentiality.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client.