Software Engineer (Mid to Senior Level in Java, Spring)
- Location: BELFAST
- Job referenceWPR-VE/SE
- Level of educationThird Level Degree
Our Client, HQ out of the States, provides customer engagement software to large Corporates and Public Sector bodies. They are looking to recruit a Senior Software Engineer to join their multifunctional team in their European Development Centre in Belfast.
This is an exciting time to join as our Client is working with the latest leading edge cloud technologies, they are continuously adding to their product features, functional and non-functional requirements and the architecture. In this role you will be leading the team through all aspects of the software development life cycle and you will be expected to ensure team collaboration across all areas throughout.
You will mentor team members, champion quality, ensure process adherence and you will be using the latest techniques of continuous integration and continuous delivery. You will liaise with other colleagues, clients, internally or externally as required either locally or globally.
Key Experience and Qualifications:
- BSc in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent.
- Minimum of 4 years' implementing and designing enterprise level solutions.
- Agile working methodologies and working practices using Scrum or Kanban.
- Experience of developing solutions against functional and non-functional requirements.
- Experience working with applications in a clustered environment.
- Experience/understanding of automation of software testing and build systems.
- Appreciation of the non-functional requirements.
- Java with the Spring Framework – at least one of the following: Spring Core, Spring boot, spring Web Services, Spring AOP.
- Design – two of the following: The Micro Services/Services/ SOA design pattern – Messaging & Queuing patterns - Search technologies – Solr / Solrcloud.
- User interface design and implementation.
- Design patterns for scale out of application components.
- Exposure to BDD principles with cucumber, packaging deployment automation such as Git or Jenkins, AWS highly desirable.
- Training will be provided on new technologies.
In return our Client offers a competitive salary, excellent working conditions, benefits to include pension, private healthcare, Death in services, disability benefit, Life assurance, cycle to work, child care vouchers and excellent holidays.
To hear more on this opportunity send your CV via the link below or call Frances or Alpika on 028 9082 0947.
Please also be aware that any correspondence or discussions related to this opportunity will be conducted with the utmost of confidentiality.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client.