Senior Python Engineer - Competitive salary
- Location: BELFAST
- Job referenceWPR-IT-SR-34660
- Level of educationThird Level Degree
Our Client provides a first class web application for the retail sector which is delivered over their cloud based architecture. This allows their clients to manage all aspects of business; from front end transactions to back end inventory control and reporting, and enables them to compete effectively in the market. This has been rated no#1 by their customers.
As a key part of the team you will be adding new features to both the web services that support the IPad App and to the management application, whilst improving their merchants' business. You will work collaboratively with their Product and Project Management teams in Belfast and NY on all things databases and infrastructure that process billions of sales events for customers. Write clean code and be involved in code reviews, whilst contributing heavily to the team and your personal development.
- A solid understanding of software engineering fundamentals.
- 5+ years’ experience with Python.
- Proficiency working in a Linux/Unix environment.
- Experience with Git/GitHub.
- Experience with large data-sets: ElasticSearch, PostgreSQL or Redis.
- Experience with containerization: Docker, Mesos or Marathon.
- Modern UI frameworks: React, Angular JS, Ember.js or Backbone.js.
- Agile development: Scrum or Kanban.
- Deployment and monitoring of cloud-hosted applications.
- Experience with Django or Flask.
- Experience with Test Driven Development.
- Degree in Computer Science, or other relevant technical discipline, and/or strong community contributions.
- Health Insurance with Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits.
- Life and Income Protection Insurance.
- Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO).
- Pension Scheme.
...and the fun stuff:
- Catered Meals.
- Happy Hours.
- Beer Fridge.
- Pool Table.
- Stocked Snack Shelf.
- Engineering Conferences.
To hear more on this opportunity send your CV via the link below or call Sonita Ram on 028 9082 0941.
Please also be aware that any correspondence or discussions related to this opportunity will be conducted with the utmost of confidentiality.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client.