Ecologist (North Dublin)
- Location: North Dublin
- Job referenceWPR01-290101_1517227735
- Level of educationThird Level Degree
As an Ecologist you will be an integral member of the Ecology team and you will provide a high standard of technical ecological expertise and have the opportunity to work on a diverse range of water and infrastructure projects such as bridge surveys, freshwater, botanical and other relevant projects.
Based in our Client's Dublin office you will primarily focus on undertaking ecological assessments and appropriate assessments, as well as providing input into production of tender documents. Your contribution will help shape the world to benefit future generations and the natural environment.
Our Client is a leading multi-disciplinary consultancy with offices throughout Ireland, the UK and globally. They are currently in the process of building an Ecology team in their Dublin office to provide support to the other offices throughout Ireland. You will be joining a company where your input and contribution is truly valued and you will be actively supported in any CPD activities and given the opportunity to progress within the company.
- Provide expert ecological technical assistance to the Business.
- Ensure our Client complies with national ecological legislation and policy and any corrective action undertaken complies with environmental legislation and policy.
- Engage with external stakeholders as necessary.
- Work closely with other departments within the Clients organisation.
To be considered for this role you will have:
- Relevant third level qualification in ecology or a related biological science.
- Circa 5 years' relevant experience in a similar ecological role.
- Experience of undertaking Ecological Impact Assessments & Appropriate Assessments of projects.
- Project management experience.
- Experience of engaging with external stakeholders.
- Knowledge of relevant environmental/ecological legislation, at both European and national level, in particular the Habitats Directive.
- Experience undertaking habitat/botanical and invasive species surveys.
- Experience in terrestrial and/or aquatic ecosystems will be considered.
- GIS experience (preferably with MapInfo/ArcGIS/QGIS).
If you feel this "Ecologist" role is something you are interested in knowing more about, or you would like to be considered for the role please apply via the button shown or call Anne MacEntee or Michael Knox on 0044 2890 31 2009 to discuss your suitability and the role specifics in more detail. Please also be aware that any correspondence or discussions related to this opportunity will be conducted with the utmost of confidentiality.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client.