Site Safety Manager (Wind Farms)
- Location: UK, Ireland, Europe
- Job referenceWPR01-081101_1541671411
- Level of educationThird Level Degree
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced construction site based professional with a focus on Health and Safety to join a well-established company who provide specialist engineering installation and maintenance services to the wind farm industry in the UK, Ireland, Europe and Africa. This role will see you become an integral member of the site team and see you provide timely health and safety advice, guidance, training, management reporting and practical management solutions to site staff in one of the fastest growing sectors within the construction industry.
Our Client is a specialist Wind Turbine Installation Contractor offering heavy cranage and mechanical/electrical services to the principal wind turbine suppliers in the market and to date they have erected over 6,000 wind turbines, with an installed capacity in excess of 11GW. They are now recognised as the largest Wind Turbine Installation Contractor in the UK, with an increasing market share in the UK, Europe and beyond.
- Provide support, advice and guidance to Site teams on Health and Safety matters.
- Conduct site health and safety inspections and compliance audits, provide constructive feedback and recommendations for improvement.
- Assist in the preparation and updating of construction phase plans, method statements and risk assessments.
- Review relevant company and subcontractors paperwork.
- Ensure that all employee PPE and training is up to date and ensure that all plant and equipment is fit for use and has a valid certificate.
- Liaise with all Project Managers, Site Managers and Site Agents in order to promote a safe working environment for all colleagues.
- Investigate accidents, incidents and high potential observations, instrumental in encouraging observation reporting.
- Train site teams re incident/accident investigation process.
- Previous site experience in a Wind Farm/Heavy Lift environment is essential.
- Minimum NEBOSH Certificate health and safety qualification.
- Appointed person or similar qualification in lifting would be beneficial but not essential.
- Highly analytical person with attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and coordination skills are essential, as is the ability to multitask and work with field staff in diverse locations.
If you feel this 'Site Safety Manager (Wind Farms)' role is something you may be interested in and you would like to be considered please apply via the button shown and we will contact you upon receipt of your application to discuss your suitability and the role specifics in more detail.
If you wish to discuss the role in more detail please contact Anne MacEntee or Michael Knox on 0044 2890 312009.
Please also be aware that any correspondence or discussions related to this opportunity will be conducted with the utmost of confidentiality.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client.