Site Engineer (Highways)
- Location: Belfast / Armagh / Banbridge / Craigavon
- Salary£25,000 - £35,000
- Job referenceWPR02-240701_1532440207
- Level of educationThird Level Degree
We are now looking to recruit a Site Engineer for the Belfast and Armagh/Banbridge/Craigavon areas. As Site Engineer you will play a key role in the delivery of Highway surfacing schemes. The Client is known for their delivery of first class highway maintenance and framework contracts, capital road schemes, airports, public realm projects and major infrastructure projects.
Ranked as one of the most successful and diverse engineering contracting and quarry materials companies in the UK and Ireland, they offer a full CPD programme and actively seek and promote Engineers along their path to Chartership.
As a Site Engineer you will provide dimension control, supervision and technical support and maintain good Client relationships. In return for your hard work as Site Engineer, you will be offered a competitive salary per annum plus car allowance.
Site Engineer duties will include:
- Planning and programming of schemes £15k - £300k (up to 3 or 4 schemes concurrently).
- Preparation and communication of HSEQ, TTM plans and documentation.
- Carry out site safety inspections.
- Management of works including supervision of WM workforce and subcontractors.
- Cost control, preparation and submission of valuations, commercial reporting.
- Managing materials used throughout the project, ensuring materials are ordered in a timely fashion.
- Ensure Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are adhered to and maintained.
- Reporting and assisting the PM with maintaining site records, risk assessments, method statements and permits to work as appropriate.
- Conducting Tool Box talks.
To be considered for this role as Site Engineer/Supervisor you will have:
- At least 2-3 years' experience working on Highway surfacing projects with strong technical knowledge of surfacing methods, materials and plant is essential.
- Third level qualification in a relevant discipline such as Civil Engineering.
- Knowledge of highway construction activities including kerbing, drainage and paving.
- Strong communication skills, both internal and external.
- CSR Site Supervisor.
- Clean Full driving licence.
If you feel that a role as "Site Engineer" role is something you are interested in knowing more about, or you would like to be considered for the role please apply via the button shown or call Damien Rafferty or Anne MacEntee on 004428 9031 2009 to discuss your suitability and the role specifics in more detail.
Please also be aware that any correspondence or discussions related to this opportunity will be conducted with the utmost of confidentiality.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client.