Senior Design Engineer - Civil Infrastructure Projects
- Location: BELFAST
- Job referenceWPR01-130605_1528905670
- Level of educationThird Level Degree
As Senior Civil Design Engineer you will join a well-established multi-disciplinary Architectural and Engineering Consultancy, delivering prestigious construction projects within Education, Health, Leisure, Infrastructure (Road and Water), Residential, Environmental and Commercial Sector.
With a team of Civil Design and Structural engineers on hand to deliver landmark projects for local Government and local Building Contractors, you will have an opportunity to build on your existing experience and lead a civil design team. A high level of autonomy is associated with this position, our client will fully support Continued Professional Development, training and mentorship will be given to further develop your career path.
As a lead member of the Civil Engineering Team you will undertake the following duties:
- Managing teams to ensure the successful delivery of civil design on multiple infrastructure projects, key aspects include road design, drainage, earthworks and ground modelling, SUDS, etc.
- Preparing conceptual, schematic and detailed design solutions for various elements of infrastructure projects using AutoCAD software.
- Liaising and co-ordinating with other design team members, both in house, other offices and/or external consultants.
- Attending design team meetings and client liaison meetings as appropriate.
- Assisting in the preparation of drawing lists, programmes, specifications and progress reports using Microsoft Office software.
KEY ATTRIBUTES AND EXPERIENCE:
- Applicants must have a degree in civil engineering and progressing along a route to chartership.
- Have circa 5-6 years' experience in a similar role in design office.
- A working knowledge of AutoCAD 2D and 3D, Microdrainage or similar software packages
If you feel this 'Senior Civil Design Engineer' role is something you may be interested in and you would like to be considered, please apply via the button shown and we will contact you upon receipt of your application to discuss your suitability and the role specifics in more detail.
To speak with one of our Civil Engineering Consultants and find out more about the role please call Anne MacEntee or Michael Knox on 00442890312009.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client.