Senior Architectural Technician / BIM Coordinator
- Location: Portadown, Armagh
- Job referenceWPR01-150201_1550223540
- Level of educationThird Level Degree
As Senior Architectural Technician/BIM Coordinator you will be joining a leading local Architecture firm delivering a range of architecture projects in NI, RoI and the rest of the UK.
Based in their Portadown office, your role will be to ensure compliance with industry standards policy in order to achieve a consistent approach across the business that will meet client requirements. You will be expected to lead the implementation of the use of BIM within the business plus guide and mentor others in its use.
Our Client is a leading architecture practice providing design and management services for a range of sectors, including commercial, education, residential, retail, manufacturing and others. Established in the 1980's they have grown to deliver projects throughout NI, RoI and the UK. As such they require a Senior Architectural Technician/BIM Coordinator to work on an exciting new project and provide BIM expertise for all projects going forward.
As Senior Architectural Technician/BIM Coordinator your duties will include but not be limited to the following:
- Write the BIM Project Execution Plan.
- Establish link between the model(s) and any external databases.
- Establish a folder structure for archiving approved project-specific BIM content.
- Run information exchange workshops for sub-consultants and/or sub-contractors to facilitate the export of data in the required format from models.
- In BIM coordination software (e.g. Autodesk Navisworks) prepare major sections through the combined 3D model in order to help verify adequate coordination between several sub-models.
- Develop BIM protocols and the implementation of ISO:19650 and accreditation management.
- Lead the implementation of BIM process and the use of REVIT on projects.
- Any other Architectural Technician design duties as required.
To be considered for the role you will have:
- At least 10 years' experience working in a similar Architectural Technician/BIM Coordinator role.
- Degree qualification Architecture, Architectural Technology or similar.
- Strong understanding of BIM Standards and BIM coordination experience.
- Good Revit skills and strong understanding of construction.
- Good communication and team working skills.
A full job description can be provided upon request.
If you feel this "Senior Architectural Technician/BIM Coordinator" role is something you may be interested in and you would like to be considered please apply via the button shown and we will contact you upon receipt of your application to discuss your suitability and the role specifics in more detail.
If you wish to discuss the role in more detail please contact Michael Knox or Anne MacEntee on 0044 (0)2890 312009.
Please also be aware that any correspondence or discussions related to this opportunity will be conducted with the utmost of confidentiality.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client.