- Location: Lisburn
- Job referenceWPR02-080501
- Level of educationThird Level Degree
As a committed and resilient Quantity Surveyor you will manage all costs relating to civil engineering projects. Our Client has an excellent reputation, known for their delivery of first class highway maintenance and framework contracts, capital road schemes, airports, public realm projects and major infrastructure projects. Due to on-going success and expansion they are now looking for a Quantity Surveyor to join their customer focused UK Team and play a key role in minimising costs, enhancing value for money and achieving the required standards and quality.
Ranked as one of the most successful and diverse engineering contracting and quarry materials companies in the UK and Ireland, they are offering permanent employment, a generous package, career progression, and support from a team of Directors and Managers who will encourage and develop your professional development. Our Client has excellent staff retention, team spirit and a reputation of Engineering excellence and quality service.
As their new highly motivated Quantity Surveyor you will provide commercial links between Site Agents, Project Managers, Operations Managers and Directors.
Duties will include:
- Liaise externally with suppliers and customers regarding project progress and contractual issues.
- Procure materials and subcontractors
- Re-measure site works and produce monthly valuations
- Process monthly cost value reports
- Be aware of the estimating process and control budgets where required
- Monitor and track project outputs, progress and programme
- Develop positive working relationships within the team and across all departments, particularly with Site Agents, Operations, Contracts Managers and Management
- Build excellent working relationships with clients and customers
- Comply with health and safety procedures and policies to ensure the role is carried out without risk to self and others
To be considered for this role you will have:
- 3rd level Engineering or Quantity Surveying qualification
- Minimum 3 years post qualification experience in an engineering and/or surveying role
- Experience of Civil Engineering, road construction and structures
- Experience of sub-contract procurement
- Experience of working with NEC contracts
- Experience of cost value reporting
- Experience of dealing with clients and settlement of final accounts for both clients and sub-contractors
- Driving licence
If you feel this "Quantity Surveyor" role is something you are interested in knowing more about, or you would like to be considered for the role please apply via the button shown or call Damien or Anne on 004428 9031 2009 to discuss your suitability and the role specifics in more detail. Please also be aware that any correspondence or discussions related to this opportunity will be conducted with the utmost of confidentiality.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client.