Mechanical Engineer (Building Services)
- Location: BELFAST
- Job referenceWPR01-030804_1533308810
- Level of educationThird Level Degree
As Mechanical Engineer you will be joining a global multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy. They provide building engineering consultancy services to both the public and private sector on a range health care, data centre, education and commercial sector projects. Due to recent contract awards they are seeking to appoint a Mechanical Engineer to be based in their Belfast office to work on a variety of high profile building services projects.
As Mechanical Engineer your main responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Responsibility for the mechanical design of the project, including technical and commercial management.
- Preparation of specifications and drawings for either mechanical systems (including HVAC systems, hot and cold water systems and Low carbon and low energy systems including site-wide energy systems) or electrical systems (including lighting installations, power distribution systems, fire and security installations and site-wide infrastructure).
- Attend meetings and communicate with clients and project team members to establish their needs.
- Attend client and project team negotiations and interactions leading to the successful development of design solutions to meet client expectations.
- Ensure the production of deliverables to agreed timelines and within budget.
- Carry out, and supervise others carrying out thermal analysis, energy calculations, compliance analysis or cable calculations/system analysis and lighting calculations.
To be considered for the role you will have:
- Experience in a similar Mechanical Engineering role with strong background of Building Services projects in a consultancy or design role.
- Degree qualified in a relevant discipline such as Mechanical or Building Services Engineering.
- Competent design software and IT skills.
- Ability to think outside the core M&E discipline and integrate a multi-disciplinary approach into holistic co-ordinated solutions.
- Good planning, organisational and time management skills.
Benefits include: Healthcare, Life Assurance, Accident insurance, Income protection
If you feel this "Mechanical Engineer - Building Services" role is something you may be interested in and you would like to be considered please apply via the button shown and we will contact you upon receipt of your application to discuss your suitability and the role specifics in more detail.
If you wish to discuss the role in more detail please contact Anne or Michael on 00442890312009
Please also be aware that any correspondence or discussions related to this opportunity will be conducted with the utmost of confidentiality.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd and part of the Wellington International Group are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client.