Junior Quantity Surveyor (Civils)
- Location: Banbridge
- Salary£20,000 - £25,000
- Job referenceWPR02-240103_1548334604
- Level of educationThird Level Degree
As Junior Quantity Surveyor you will join a well established Civil and Building Contractor with a reputation for delivering all aspects of groundworks and building works, including specialist Sports Pitches and track surfaces, Road Construction, play parks, environmental improvements.
You will become a key member of the team, providing Quantity Surveying and Estimating support across all the company’s operations. Based in Banbridge, our Client has successfully developed and expanded their Sports Ground and Play Park Division, successfully completing a wide range of both natural and synthetic 2G and 3G surfaces, with all installations carried out by their skilled crew and specialist equipment.
Due to continued growth within the company, they are expanding the commercial team in Banbridge and require a Junior Quantity Surveyor to assist in the successful delivery of these projects.
As Junior Quantity Surveyor your role and responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of costed estimates for new works tenders in line with tender return deadlines.
- Liaison with clients, architects, consultants during the tender process, including site visits.
- In conjunction with Senior QS and Contracts Manager, preparation of tender packs including itemised cost breakdowns, supplier quotations, preliminaries and projected contributions.
- Preparation of interim claims, final accounts, consolidated valuations including all supporting documentation.
- Attend Site Meetings and assist with measurement on site.
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with clients and consultants to help the Commercial development of existing and new business opportunities.
- Minimum 3rd level qualification in a relevant technical discipline, e.g. Quantity Surveying, Construction Management or Civil Engineering.
- IT Skills – Word, Excel, training in Autocad, MS Project and estimating software will be given.
- Strong verbal and written skills for tender preparation, client communications and cost estimates.
If you feel this ‘Junior Quantity Surveyor’ role is of interest and you would like to be considered, please apply via the button shown and we will contact you upon receipt of your application to discuss your suitability and the role specifics in more detail.
To speak with one of our Civil Engineering Consultants and find out more about the role please call Anne MacEntee or Damien Rafferty on Belfast 0044 2890 312009.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client.