Civil Engineering Planner (Roads/Highways)
- Location: Little Hadham, Stanstead
- Job referenceWPR01-080301_1552043569
- Level of educationThird Level Degree
A leading Contractor is seeking to recruit an experienced Civil Engineering Planner, for a major roads project in the region of Stansted on the Little Hadham Bypass Scheme. The Civil Engineering Planner will provide planning management and support to the Construction Team and will be based in the Project Hub Office (site based).
Due to an already busy workload, they now have a requirement for an experienced Planner to add to an established Construction Planning Team. Reporting directly to the Senior Planning Manager and Contracts Director, you will produce construction programmes compliant with ITT, Tender Sum, Design (where appropriate), and produce programmes and methodologies agreed with suppliers, subcontractors and the project team. You would also be responsible for delivering presentations of the construction programs to both internal and external stakeholders, at the project locations.
Ideally suited to a competent Civil Engineer or Project Manager, with experience in the construction stage or a project programmer with good construction experience, this is a great job with a very reputable Tier 1 Construction company with work throughout the UK.
- Manage the Primavera P6 programme for each project and its storage in the company's Enterprise Database.
- Provide detailed support and assistance to the construction team in order to enable the team to evaluate key points on the critical path and test and change logic where previously agreed to either improve upon the tender programme or to highlight key concerns.
- Produce programmes, reports and/or extract filters as required by the construction team, including indication of deviation from the baseline programme in P6 format.
- Attend progress meetings with Internal and External Customers and deliver presentations on the tender programme as may be required.
- The management of designers and other suppliers' programmes to ensure their sequence of works are fully integrated into the construction programme.
- Providing technical input and advice as necessary.
- Introducing improvements and innovations where appropriate.
Requirements for the role:
- Understanding of the construction process and a sound understanding of engineering principles and their application, such that works are planned and designs are developed with appropriate regard for buildability.
- Experience of planning civil engineering projects at delivery stage. Knowledge of Primavera P6 Software.
- General awareness of commercial issues relating to construction contacts. Ability to recognise and record change events during the construction process.
- Strong problem solving skills with an ability to listen to and understand internal/external client requests, while maintaining clear communication of the planned works.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with strong organisational skills to organise and attend meetings with designers and other key suppliers to review progress of programmed work.
- Degree in Civil Engineering or a related discipline is preferred, but HND/HNC or equivalent may be considered.
- Chartered or Incorporated member of professional body or working towards it.
If you feel this "Civil Engineering Planner" role is something you may be interested in and you would like to be considered please apply via the button shown and we will contact you upon receipt of your application to discuss your suitability and the role specifics in more detail.
Contact Anne MacEntee or Michael Knox on 004428 9031 2009 if you would like to discuss the role specifics in more detail.
Please also be aware that any correspondence or discussions related to this opportunity will be conducted with the utmost of confidentiality.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client.