Civil Design Engineer (Water)
- Location: BELFAST
- Job referenceWPR03-281101_1511872312
- Level of educationThird Level Degree
As Civil Design Engineer you will join one of Belfast’s leading Architectural and Engineering Consultancy firms, supporting a multidisciplinary team in delivering Water and Wastewater Projects. You will join a well-established team of Water and Wastewater Engineers delivering design on Water Infrastructure and Non-Infrastructure Projects, carrying out appraisals, design and delivering projects. Our Client will offer a balance of autonomy and support, career development and progression in line with your current experience and career path.
Our Client has an enviable client base built on fostering partnerships and building relationships within Public and Private Sector and the supply chain. They successfully deliver prestigious construction projects within Education, Leisure, Infrastructure (Road and Water), Residential, Environmental and Commercial sector. They have long term frameworks in place with local water authorities, utility providers in Ireland and UK, deliver design and build services to a number of well established NI Contractors. This role will involve NO travel to the UK.
As a member of the Water and Wastewater Team you will undertake the following duties:
- Join a team who are preparing conceptual, schematic and detailed design solutions for various elements of Water Infrastructure, Non Infrastructure and base maintenance programmes.
- Liaising and co-ordinating with other design team members, both in house, other offices and/or external consultants.
- Attending design team meetings and client liaison meetings as appropriate.
- Assisting in the preparation of drawing lists, programmes, specifications and progress reports using Microsoft Office software.
KEY ATTRIBUTES AND EXPERIENCE:
- Applicants must have at least 5 years' experience in a Civil Engineering, preferably with 2 years’ experience within the area of water design.
- Working towards chartership or the desire to become chartered.
- Excellent communication skills and client liaison.
- A working knowledge of AutoCAD and Mapinfo.
If you feel this "Civil Design Engineer (Water)" role is something you may be interested in and you would like to be considered please apply via the button shown and we will contact you upon receipt of your application to discuss your suitability and the role specifics in more detail.
To hear more about this role please call Anne or Michael on 004428 9031 2009.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client.