Civil Design Engineer (Belfast)
- Location: BELFAST
- Job referenceWPR01-090802_1533809814
- Level of educationThird Level Degree
Are you a Civil Engineer looking to gain design experience and join well established Civil and Structural Design Teams on Water and Wastewater Civil Infrastructure, Environmental Improvement Schemes, private and public sector projects such as Education, Residential, Sports, Commercial Development. A broad range of projects will allow you to tailor and shape your future. Also career progression is at the core for our Client and as such they will fully support membership and progression to becoming Chartered, while offering a competitive salary and a diverse range of projects.
One of Belfast's leading Architectural and Engineering Consultancy firms is seeking to appoint a Civil Engineer to join their busy team in Belfast and assist the senior members of the Civil Infrastructure team in the preparation of drawings, calculations, programmes, specifications, reports and project correspondence.
As a member of the Civil Engineering Team and under the guidance of senior team members you will undertake the following duties:
- Preparing conceptual, schematic and detailed design solutions for various elements of civil infrastructure engineering work using CAD software.
- Liaising and co-ordinating with other design team members, both in-house, other offices and/or external consultants.
- Attending design team meetings and client liaison meetings as appropriate.
- Assisting in the preparation of drawing lists, programmes, specifications and progress reports using Microsoft Office software.
- Co-operating with site supervisory resources.
- Any other relevant engineering duties as may be required from time to time and as determined by local Office.
KEY ATTRIBUTES AND EXPERIENCE:
- Applicants must have a degree in Civil Engineering or related discipline.
- Be able to work effectively under pressure, to deadlines and as part of a team.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in roads / greenways / cycleways projects would be advantageous but not essential.
- 1-4 years' experience in a similar role; Graduate applications are also welcome.
- Strong AutoCAD skills, training will be given.
If you feel this "Civil Design Engineer" role is something you may be interested in and you would like to be considered please apply via the button shown and we will contact you upon receipt of your application to discuss your suitability and the role specifics in more detail.
To speak with one of our Civil Engineering Consultants and find out more about the role please call Anne MacEntee or Michael Knox on 0044 28903 12009.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client.