Buyer (Civil Engineering)
- Location: Maghera
- Job referenceWPR02-061201
- Level of educationSee Description
Due to further growth and expansion our client is seeking to recruit a Buyer to join their Team to be based out of our their offices in Maghera. They are a well-known and highly regarded company who are at the forefront of innovation and technical developments. As a Buyer you have a direct influence on every aspect of stock; from which products to buy, to their look, their price – and the profit, you are integral to the business. Our client requires a buyer who is ambitious, driven, confident, commercially focused and passionate about relationship building.
The Buyer will be responsible for assisting and supporting the procurement of materials and supplies/equipment from approved vendors and ensuring deliveries are on time and in full, and in line with the site demands whilst taking due care for quality and inventory levels. The Buyer will review outputs and schedule orders and order all production and non-production consumables.
Main duties include:
- Plan, buy, expedite, schedule and co-ordinate all phases of assigned projects
- Be responsible for the management of inventory levels, schedules and availability of selected items
- Involvement in price negotiations and cost reduction initiatives with the supply chain will be a key part of your responsibilities
- Maintain an approved supplier list and supplier maintenance sheet
- Responsible for the analysis of revised RG Forecast/MRP with respect to capacity planning and material requirements
- Maintain product records of all active data listings and assigned planner codes and projects
- Review and co-ordinate engineering changes and direct their incorporation into current open orders
- Review inventory orders periodically recommending appropriate actions of those parts which are excess or obsolete as to maintain a high degree of inventory validity
- Develop and maintain professional business relationships with suppliers
- Request quote changes and new products
- Resolving purchase price variances and invoicing errors
- Monitor and resolve all supplier anomalies
- Responsible for ongoing supplier assessment, and negotiating improvements in cost, quality and delivery
- Constantly reviewing standard work for accuracy and improvement
- Negotiate contracts with suppliers, specifying quality, quantity and delivery schedules
- Monitor market changes, competitor prices, products and past sales patterns to forecast future demand
- Min 2 years previous purchasing experience within a manufacturing / engineering environment
- Experience in a purchasing / Materials Requirements Planning environment
- Computer literacy is essential as is an excellent understanding of MS Word and Excel
- Experience with MRP/ERP planning and scheduling systems highly desirable
- High degree of commercial awareness
- Ability to analyse statistics and spot trends in the market
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- General commercial awareness and understanding of costs within a business
The Buyer/Planner role will be a full-time, permanent position, consisting of 37.5 hours per week and an attractive salary on offer for the right candidate.
If you feel this exciting “Buyer” role is something you may be interested in and you would like to be considered please apply via the button shown and we will contact you upon receipt of your application to discuss your suitability and the role specifics in more detail.
If you wish to discuss the role in more detail please contact Damien or Anne on 02890312009
Please also be aware that any correspondence or discussions related to this opportunity will be conducted with the utmost of confidentiality.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client.