Assistant Project Manager (Buildings)
- Location: BELFAST
- Job referenceWPR01-110401_1523459165
- Level of educationThird Level Degree
As Assistant Project Manager you will be joining a leading Consultancy with offices throughout the world. Based in the Belfast office, you will be joining a multi-disciplinary team working on a variety of Property Refurbishment and New Build projects throughout Northern Ireland. Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team, the Assistant Project Manager will co-ordinate feasibility studies, design, planning, procurement and construction stage project management.
WPR are working alongside our Client, a leading development and infrastructure organisation, that requires an Assistant Project Manager to join their management team, delivering varying Building projects including Third level education, Government Building, DVA Test Centres providence wide, Emergency Services Training Centre and Asda’s Store Refresh programme.
Employee career development is at the core of this company and as such they will fully support membership and progression to becoming Chartered, while offering a competitive salary, long term opportunities and career progression.
As Assistant Project Manager your role will include but not be limited to the following:
- Representing clients throughout the full life cycle of projects.
- Assisting with feasibility studies, option appraisals, cost plans and business cases.
- Working with other design team members in an integrated design team approach.
- Procurement including preparation of contract documents, drawings and specifications.
- Construction stage project management, monitoring progress against programme, assessing costs for works completed and ensuring quality.
- Working to meet Health and Safety and overall project quality objectives.
In order to be considered for the role you will have:
- Degree in a relevant discipline such as Civil Engineering, Construction Management or similar.
- At least 2-3 years' construction industry experience, with experience of project management.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- MS Office proficient.
- Programming (MS project or similar).
- Experience of NEC3 Project Management.
- BIM / Revit proficient.
If you feel this "Assistant Project Manager/Building" role is something you may be interested in and you would like to be considered please apply via the button shown and we will contact you upon receipt of your application to discuss your suitability and the role specifics in more detail.
If you wish to discuss the role in more detail please contact either Anne MacEntee or Michael Knox on 00442890312009.
Please also be aware that any correspondence or discussions related to this opportunity will be conducted with the utmost of confidentiality.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client.