Financial Contract Administrator (Engineering)
- Location: BELFAST
- Salary£30,000 - £40,000
- Job referenceWPR01-010901_1504279148
- Level of educationThird Level Degree
This is an excellent local opportunity for a Financial Contract Administrator to join one of Belfast's most iconic companies, working in heavy engineering, oil & gas, marine works and renewable energy sectors, on various projects some of which may be worth multi-million pounds. You will join the existing commercial team which is made up of experienced people. You will be responsible for the set-up, administration and management of the work breakdown structure for the current project.
Wellington Professional Recruitment are working closely with its Client, who is a global player in the industry. They are responsible for delivering some of the most iconic projects in the world. Last year the company had a turnover of £55m and the company's positive rise in profits is set to continue. They are working on a list of projects based in Belfast, and require an enthusiastic, dedicated professional Quantity Surveyor or Cost Engineer to come on board and work closely with the team to ensure successful efficient project delivery.
This is initially a 6-8 month contract role but is likely to be permanent for the right person.
- Manage and co-ordinate contract administration activities, providing contract administration resources to Projects, ensuring that all aspects of the contract during the execution phase are addressed with the objective of contributing to the maximisation of Project contribution.
- Advise the Project Controls Manager on all aspects of Project execution which deviate from base contract requirements.
- Manage the change order process from identification to resolution of change: interface with involved Functions, and prepare claims/variations for submission in accordance with the contractual terms.
- Support the Project Controls Manager in the preparation and prosecution of time and cost claims and where appropriate, the assessment, negotiation and settlements of claims.
- Check that milestone applications for payments/certificates/notices/invoices and other documents required for payment meet contractual requirements.
- Analyse the contract terms and identify areas of possible risks and opportunities related to the application of contract clauses.
- General support to other Functions as senior management may direct and other ad hoc tasks appropriate for the needs of the Project.
- Degree qualified in Economics/Business Administration/Engineering/Law/Quantity Surveying, preferably with Postgraduate professional qualification.
- Demonstrable experience in FIDIC P&DB (‘Yellow Book’) contract administration.
- Proven track record of 5+ years' in industry with main contractor/large sub-contractor (£10m+ projects).
- Demonstrable experience in preparing and administering CVR/cash flow forecasts/interim and final accounts.
(A full Job Description can be provided on request.)
If you feel this "Quantity Surveyor / Cost Controller" role is something you are interested in knowing more about, or you would like to be considered for the role please apply via the button shown and we will contact you upon receipt of your application to discuss your suitability and the role specifics in more detail. Please also be aware that any correspondence or discussions related to this opportunity will be conducted with the utmost of confidentiality.
To hear more about this role please contact Anne or Michael on 028 9031 2009.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client.