Steel Detailer (Tekla)
- Location: County Down
- Job referenceWPR01-010804_1510151591
- Level of educationSee Description
As Steel Detailer / Tekla Detailer you will be working with a recognised market leader based in County Down. Our Client is renowned for their expertise in both design and fabrication of architectural and structural metalwork. They have secured a creditable reputation with repeat contracts from a vast array of UK Tier 1 Contractors on projects such as London Cross Rail, Water/Wastewater Treatment Projects, Marine, Education, Residential and Healthcare.
Due to this ongoing and enviable order book they are now looking to appoint a Steel Detailer/Steel Draughtsman on a permanent basis. As Steel Detailer, you will be based out of their Co. Down office location and working within a design team, working closely with site teams helping achieve company goals for safety, quality, delivery, cost and valuations.
Some of your key duties will include but not be limited to:
- Preparing 3D models, general arrangement drawings, and fabrication and assembly drawings.
- Interpret information from Engineer and Architect drawings.
- Effective use of time and facilities to ensure that design targets, determined from
client programmes and valuation targets, are consistently met.
- Thorough and timely material procurement allowing time for effective pricing and
avoiding delays to the preparation or site installation stages.
To be considered for this very exciting role you must have:
- Experience in a similar Steel Detailer/Draughtsman role working with 3D modelling software such as Tekla in the design of architectural / structural metalwork.
- Knowledge of welding techniques and standards.
- Confident in liaising with other colleagues such as fabricators, engineers and architects.
- You will also have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, with excellent attention to detail.
Roles like this don't come up that often, so if you feel this exciting "Tekla Detailer" role is something you may be interested in and you would like to be considered please apply via the button shown and we will contact you upon receipt of your application to discuss your suitability and the role specifics in more detail.
To hear more about this role please contact Michael Knox or Anne MacEntee on 028 90 312 009.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client.