Production Manager - Steel Fabrication
- Location: County Down
- Job referenceWPR03-040401_1495726053
- Level of educationThird Level Certification
As a Production Manager with this well established, specialist Metalwork Fabricator, you will have the opportunity to join their team of design and welding professionals, delivering complex Steel Fabrication services to some of the biggest construction companies in the UK.
Based in County Down, our Client is renowned for their expertise in both the design and fabrication of metalwork and pipewelding. They have secured a creditable reputation with repeat contracts from a vast array of UK Tier 1 Contractors on projects such as London Cross Rail, Water/Wastewater Treatment Projects, Marine, Education, Residential and Healthcare for projects; ranging from simple portal framed buildings to large scale material handling plants, industrial structures, plant steelwork, multi-framed buildings and prestigious architectural metalwork projects.
Due to an exciting expansion plan and winning of Contracts, they are now looking to appoint a Production Manager with a strong fabrication/welding background into their Management Team. Reporting into the Operations Manager, you will be responsible for the smooth running and operational effectiveness of the fabrication and welding teams. In your role as Production Manager you will be responsible for the efficient management of production, staff, plant and materials to ensure the timely production of goods and services to meet the customers' requirements.
This is a critical and genuinely exciting role within the organisation and the successful candidate will benefit from an attractive remuneration package and long-term career progression prospects.
Some of your key duties will include but not be limited to:
- Leading a production team within a Quality Manufacturing environment.
- Monitoring quality of production and working with the design team to address any issues.
- Ensuring health and safety guidelines are adhered to by all.
- Monitoring Stock Usage and record keeping.
To be considered for this exciting role you must have:
- At least 5 years' experience in a similar production supervisor role within either a structural steel or architectural metalwork environment.
- At a minimum a trade qualification in a relevant welding/fabrication discipline.
- Strong supervisory experience with proven ability to meet deadlines and deliver to budget.
- Strong ethos on quality and 'champion' of all H&S matters.
- Strong IT skills.
You will also have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, and a proven flair for getting the best out of those you are responsible for managing. Experience gained within a continuous improvement environment is highly desirable but not essential.
If you feel this exciting 'Production Supervisor – Steel Fabrication' role is something you may be interested in and you would like to hear more please get in touch with Michael or Anne on 02890 312009.
If you would like to be considered please apply by uploading your cv via the button shown and we will contact you upon receipt of your application to discuss your suitability and the role specifics in more detail. Please also be aware that any correspondence or discussions related to this opportunity will be conducted with the utmost of confidentiality.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd and part of the Wellington International Group are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client.