Software Engineer (Node.js/Java8)
- Location: BELFAST
- Salary£40,000 - £45,000
- Job referenceWPR SE 2
- Level of educationThird Level Degree
Fancy joining a team with many years of experience in building secure, high availability enterprise platforms for financial services, health and consumer electronics sectors?
If you have been striving for interesting and challenging work and an environment that would satisfy any engineer’s career aspirations, then get in touch!
You will work in small agile teams creating individual solutions and common platforms and services to be used across this worldwide organisation. An interest in “Full stack” to work across all technologies will enable you to further develop your skills to bring an idea to production.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software.
- Conceptualise and develop relevant use cases, proof-of-concepts (POC) and proofs-of-value.
- Manage individual projects priorities, deadlines and deliverables with your technical expertise.
- Investigate and propose architecture and process improvements.
- Over 4 years' commercial development experience working with Java.
- Recent experience of working with Node.js on Linux.
- Experience working with Object Orientated databases such as Postgres.
- Experience working in a DevOps environment to ensure code gets deployed and runs correctly in test and production environments.
- Experience of packaging services with Docker and knowledge of tools like Kubernetes for automating deployments.
- Understanding of source code management, build automation and continuous integration tools such as Maven, npm, Jenkins and GIT Bucket.
- Experience in delivering cloud based systems such as deploying and running un AWS or Azure etc would be advantageous.
- Salary up to £45,000 dependant on experience
- 37 days holidays
- Stock options
- Private medical Insurance
- Dental cover
- Gym membership
- Childcare vouchers
To hear more on this opportunity, send your CV via the link below or call Michael Blackwood on 028 90820942.
Please also be aware that any correspondence or discussions related to this opportunity will be conducted with the utmost of confidentiality.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client.