Sn Devops Engineer (Docker, Ansible, Chef)
- Location: BELFAST
- Job referenceWPR- SK-SDOP
- Level of educationThird Level Degree
Our Client, head-quartered in New York, set up their Belfast operation in 2014. The Belfast team has been innovative in the continued success of the development and support of the cloud based ecommerce retail application that has revolutionised business opportunities for their clients across the States.
Due to continued business growth, they are looking to add to the DevOps team and are seeking to appoint a Senior DevOps Engineer to be based in Belfast. You will be a core member of a small and agile team, designing and deploying some of the most cutting edge technologies in use. The infrastructure is deployed on Amazon AWS and DevOps Engineers manage hundreds of instances across multiple regions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- You will be responsible for improving and refining the existing infrastructure, designing solutions for new and old problems, providing first point of contact for engineers in the EST time zone.
- You will engage with other teams in the early stages of new products to consult on requirements, system design and disaster recovery.
- You will also investigate and introduce new technologies and share knowledge with team members.
- Excellent knowledge of AWS.
- Understanding of network routing, subnets and VPN's.
- Understanding of Mesos and/or Docker.
- Ability to develop and reuse solutions using Python, Ruby or other languages.
- Identify and introduce new technologies and share knowledge with other team members.
- Security focused.
- Knowledge of some of the following: AWS (incl. S3, EC2, RDS, Lambda, Cloudfront, VPC's, Cloudformation, Redshift, IAM, Route 53).
- Hashicorp’s Terraform, Vault and Consul.
- Marathon, Chronos, Jenkins, Chef, Sensu, DataDog, Ubuntu, Elasticsearch, Kafka.
- Python, Ruby, Go or similar.
- Postgres, Git, OpenVPN.
Our Client is offering an excellent salary and benefits package to include unlimited holidays, attractive pension plan, equity options, bonus, healthcare, subsidised travel, catered meals, pool table, happy hours and beer/ wine fridge, engineering conferences and trips.
To hear more on this opportunity send your CV via the link below or call Frances or Alpika on 028 9082 0946.
Please also be aware that any correspondence or discussions related to this opportunity will be conducted with the utmost of confidentiality.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client.