Senior SQL Server Database Administrator
- Location: BELFAST
- Job referenceWPR-27271-SQL_1536579153
- Level of educationThird Level Degree
This company is part of the rapidly evolving Fintech ecosystem within Belfast city centre that offers alternative investment services to a truly global client base. They are looking to recruit a Senior SQL Server DBA who will support and administer 230+ Microsoft SQL Servers on premise and on Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud. The position will require working closely with developers, application support, server response team and Quality Assurance teams in full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) phases.
Duties and responsibilities:
- In this role you will work closely with your colleagues across development, QA and infrastructure to review, test, deploy and troubleshoot any releases.
- You will support and maintain database servers.
- Install and configure SQL Server database servers in AWS.
- Responsible for meeting any performance, high availability, and disaster recovery SLA's by effectively utilizing database technologies like replication, clustering, Always On, mirroring and log shipping.
- Responsible for developing scripts to automate upgrade, deployment, management, and monitoring of any database technology in all environments.
- Responsible for database performance.
- Troubleshoot complex technical problems and resolve data configuration issues.
- Mission critical systems must be maintained 24/7 so an on call rotation at weekends and evenings will be required.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Must possess strong Microsoft SQL Server DBA and T-SQL skills.
- PowerShell or CMD batch coding skills a plus.
- Strong SQL Server transactional replication tuning and troubleshooting skills required.
- Minimum 8+ years' experience in SQL Server database administration required.
- Strong experience with the Agile software development methodology and collaboration with internal teams to deliver software and configuration artifacts.
This Senior SQL DBA role commands an excellent salary to reflect knowledge and experience. You will also receive a leading benefits package to include bonus, private medical insurance, life assurance, group income protection and company pension scheme.
NOTE: Occasional travel to London or New York may be required.
To hear more on this opportunity send your CV via the link below or call Frances Lawther on 028 9082 0947.
Please also be aware that any correspondence or discussions related to this opportunity will be conducted with the utmost of confidentiality.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client.