Senior Application Engineer (Multiple)
- Location: BELFAST
- Job referenceSK-APP-ENG
- Level of educationThird Level Degree
As a result of our Client’s latest phase of growth and recent move to new offices, we now have a number of Senior Application Engineer roles available with them and are keen to hear from software engineers with experience of static and dynamic programming languages, as well as other technical areas listed below. Their team in Belfast is still responsible for a lot of the company’s core R&D development work, as well as implementing new features, so there is great scope with these roles.
You will join a growing team of like-minded developers and use your skills and experience to add new web service features, as well as reporting and back end functionality of their core product.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Design and deliver new features aimed at improving customer business.
- Produce clean and readable code with appropriate tests built in.
- Contribute to code reviews, as well as key architecture and performance decisions.
- Work closely with QA, Product and Project Management functions throughout projects.
- Provide on-call cover when required.
- Take a lead role in developing implementation and delivery plans.
- Mentor junior team members.
To be considered for this role you will need to demonstrate the following criteria:
- Minimum 4 years’ experience with Java/C/C++, as well as Ruby/Python.
- Strong knowledge of Linux/ Unix environments.
- SQL experience and Postgres would be a bonus.
- Experience with Git/GitHub.
- Any previous experience with Go, Elasticsearch, AWS, Docker would be beneficial.
- Salary depending on experience and interview performance.
- Bonus, Healthcare and Pension benefits.
- Unlimited holidays.
- Office beer/wine and pool table.
To hear more on this opportunity send your CV via the link below or call Frances Lawther on 028 9082 0947.
Please note that WPR is acting as an Agency on behalf of our Client.