Principal Software Engineer (AWS, Python, Ruby)
- Location: BELFAST
- Job referenceWPR-FX-PSE
- Level of educationThird Level Degree
Principal Software Engineer, Belfast, Industry Leading Asset Management Software Product
Principal Software Engineer required by leading Software Company to head up a new team, focusing on a new cloud based version of their product.
In this role you will be working in the data platform team, helping to define the technical road map, help select the appropriate technologies and solutions and help design and construct robust, scalable services and secure applications. You will adopt and refine SCM and DevOps processes to facilitate agile development.
You will have the opportunity to learn and work with the most modern technologies, including distributed graph databases go and React, you will lead by example, promoting excellence, commitment and fun. You will help mould a strong team and disruptive product. This is a great opportunity to build a greenfield solution on modern cloud architecture using the most advanced engineering principles.
Suitable candidates should have some of the following:
- Experience leading teams in an agile environment.
- Highly experienced in some of the mainstream programming languages, data-access services and scripting on Linux and Windows.
- Expertise in highly available, scalable and secure data architecture on both relational and non-relational technologies (NoSQL, document stores, CQRS patterns, analytics, machine learning will be a distinct advantage.
- Proven track record in the architecture and delivery of successful applications at impressive scale.
- Previous experience implementing data services in virtualised or cloud environment.
- Good understanding of cloud computing principles including security, high-availability and automation.
- Understanding of AWS EC2 SSM would be advantageous.
- Experience with SCM and an understanding of containerisation and microservices architecture.
In return our Client offers an excellent package including competitive salary, pension, private health and dental care, childcare vouchers, excellent holidays, subsidised gym membership.
To hear more on this opportunity send your CV via the link below or call Frances or Alpika on 028 90820947.
Please also be aware that any correspondence or discussions related to this opportunity will be conducted with the utmost of confidentiality.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client.