Lead Technical QA Engineer
- Location: BELFAST
- Salary£50,000 - £60,000
- Job referenceWPR1510_1539608300-SR
- Level of educationThird Level Degree
WPR Technology is delighted to be working with our Client, a Global Leader in Internet Services, and due to rapid growth and an increasing number of projects in-house, is now seeking to hire their first Lead QA Engineer. This company has a relaxed, friendly environment, and in this role you will get exposure to innovative and emerging technologies on a Global scale.
Their office in Belfast is part of a multi-billion pound organisation and a portfolio which consists of more than 85 companies. As a recognised name in the world of E-Commerce, our Client has diversified into a number of areas, including Banking. They need a Senior Engineer in Test who has both breadth and depth of knowledge, taking overall responsibility for the test engineering strategy, practices, automation and execution of the applications they are building.
- Work with the rest of the team to establish a QA discipline that promotes high quality software releases.
- Envision, plan, develop and execute automated and exploratory testing of their applications at multiple levels of complexity.
- Build test harnesses, test suites, test scenarios, and metrics collection mechanisms.
- Perform component, system, integration and acceptance testing.
- Work collaboratively with engineers to plan and execute appropriate performance and throughput testing.
- Analyze test results and prepare load, performance, and throughput projections.
- Incorporate test automation mechanisms into continuous-integration pipelines.
- Work with other teams to ensure the successful planning and execution of Security Testing.
- Work with developers to reproduce, locate and identify bugs.
- Explore and evaluate potential test tooling and test automation enhancements.
- Cultivate expertise in relevant aspects of target business domains and apply that knowledge to maximize technology value.
- Assist project and product leaders in making risk-managed planning and release decisions.
- 5+ years' working as an Engineer in Test.
- Experience of test automation using a variety of tools.
- Proficiency in one or more scripting languages.
- Experience with testing API's in a service oriented architecture.
- Knowledge of planning, bug tracking and collaboration tools is essential.
- Hands on experience of managing multiple test environments.
In return you will get exposure to one of the most cutting edge tech stacks in all of Northern Ireland, working on products that have the potential to be used by up to 1.2 billion people globally.
- Salary - £50,000 to £60,000.
- 35 days holidays.
- Stock options.
- Private Medical Insurance.
- Dental cover.
- Gym membership.
- Childcare vouchers.
- Global Projects.
SEND YOUR CV via the link below or call Sonita Ram on 028 90820941.
Please also be aware that any correspondence or discussions related to this opportunity will be conducted with the utmost of confidentiality.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client.