Lead Engineer (Software Engineer)
- Location: BELFAST
- Job referenceCMD7001_1499271975
- Level of educationThird Level Degree
We are looking to recruit a Lead Engineer to lead our Client's Software Engineering team in Belfast. This role gives the chosen candidate a chance to work with a world leading provider of business solutions.
Working closely with the Development and Product teams, we are looking for someone with strong automated testing experience and a keen interest in emerging technologies.
Your duties will include:
- Lead a team of full-stack developers in the implementation of product features which directly drive value for customers.
- Collaborate with Product and Project Management teams to design and deliver new product features that improve their merchants' businesses.
- Write clean, readable code with excellent test coverage.
- Participate in code reviews and contribute to team and personal learning.
- Work with QA to investigate and fix software defects.
- Contribute to architecture, instrumentation and performance decisions.
- Participate in on-call coverage.
To be considered for this role you will need to demonstrate the following criteria:
- A solid understanding of software engineering fundamentals.
- 4+ years' experience with a least one static language (e.g. Java, C/C++) and at least one dynamic language (e.g. Ruby, Python).
- 1-2+ years' of experience managing development teams in an Agile environment.
- Experience with database design and development of efficient SQL queries, preferably using Postgres.
- Proficiency working in a Linux/Unix environment.
- Experience with Git/GitHub.
- Salary depending on experience and interview performance.
- Bonus, Healthcare and Pension benefits.
- Flexible working hours and regular beer/pizza Fridays.
To hear more on this opportunity send your CV via the link below or call Cathal McDonagh on 028 9082 0947.
Please note that WPR is acting as an Agency on behalf of our Client.