IT Operations Technician
- Location: BELFAST
- Job referenceWPR-27271-OPS_1536830112
- Level of educationSee Description
This company is part of the rapidly evolving Fintech ecosystem within Belfast city centre that offers alternative investment services to a truly global client base. They are looking to recruit an IT Operations Technician, providing operational technical support across internally developed, Off-The-Shelf and SaaS based applications. The primary objectives for this role will be to work as part of an Application Support team to support existing systems, streamline processes, and to identify and implement automation where possible.
Technical Skills Required:
- Windows, Linux (Red Hat Enterprise Linux).
- Databases / SQL (Microsoft SQL Server, Postgres, Oracle, AWS Athena).
- Hybrid Public Cloud (AWS) and On-Prem Virtualized Environment (VMWare).
- Monitoring Tools (SCOM, SumoLogic, EG Monitor, Zabbix).
- Deployment Tools (SCCM).
- Experience with one or more of the following programming languages: PowerShell, C#, Python, Perl, Java.
- Understanding of ITIL foundation (Incident, Problem, Change) methodologies.
- Automation tools (Autosys, Orchestrator, Alteryx).
- 4+ years' experience working in a support/development environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal / organisational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently troubleshoot in time critical scenarios.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Able to communicate to technical and non-technical users clearly and concisely.
- Use initiative to act on opportunities; action and results orientated individual.
- Superb attention to detail and a strong commitment to quality.
- High levels of personal commitment, professionalism and integrity.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
NOTE: Travel may be required to London and US on occasions.
This IT Operations Technician commands an excellent salary to reflect knowledge and experience. You will also receive a leading benefits package to include bonus, private medical insurance, life assurance, group income protection and company pension scheme.
To hear more on this opportunity, send your CV via the link below or call Frances Lawther on 028 9082 0947.
Please also be aware that any correspondence or discussions related to this opportunity will be conducted with the utmost of confidentiality.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client.