- Location: BELFAST
- Job referenceWPR DBA 1100_1523292856
- Level of educationThird Level Degree
Our Client provides cloud-based SaaS management solutions for the healthcare Market in the States. Head-quartered in New York, they have a newly established Development Centre in Belfast which is bringing innovation and a focus on how to get the best possible performance across the product suite. The Belfast teams will be heavily involved in the future direction of the product and will take the lead in re-engineering vital parts of the core product.
You will take the lead on providing advice and guidance on database management and good practice. You will be able to identify performance and maintainability issues and work with the development teams to provide fixes. You will be based in the Belfast office and work with existing DBA’s in India and the USA.
- General database optimisation and performance tuning, including index configuration, file system and structure and joins.
- Troubleshoot and resolve database issues, including integrity, performance, replication, deadlock, connectivity and security issues.
- Review the existing database architecture and recommend improvements.
- Extensive experience working with Microsoft SQL Server at an expert level.
- Expertise in performance monitoring and tuning, back-up and restore strategies and replication techniques.
- Expert in database design, development and delivery best practices.
- Knowledge of performance monitoring tools.
- Familiarity with database encryption such as TDE (Transparent Data Encryption).
- Experience of implementing automated database deployments and continuous integration.
- Knowledge of NoSQL and non-relational databases.
- Experience working with cloud hosted databases.
- Experience working in a multi-tenant SAAS environment.
- SQL server certifications.
In return you will receive a highly competitive salary and associated benefits package
To hear more on this opportunity send your CV via the link below or call 028 9082 0947. Please note that WPR is acting as an Agency on behalf of our Client.
Please also be aware that any correspondence or discussions related to this opportunity will be conducted with the utmost of confidentiality.