Business Change Planning Assistant
- Location: BELFAST
- Job referenceWPR02-231101_1542984501
- Level of educationSee Description
As Business Change/Planning Assistant you will help with the establishment of the newly formed Infrastructure & Projects and Engineering & Sponsorship Directorates. Upon completion of the restructuring process, you will assist with further business change and continuous improvement initiatives within the Infrastructure & Projects Directorate.
You will assist management in the provision of business change support across Translink and deputise for managers at stakeholder forums. You will also provide administrative support to the Directorates, including tracking the realisation of benefits for the ongoing restructuring.
Please note that application forms have to be submitted before noon on Friday 7th December so early application is advisable.
As Business Change (Planning Assistant) your new role will include but not be limited to the following:
- Establish business change and programme management document control systems to facilitate the delivery of improvements in performance and outcomes.
- Track benefits for business change initiatives within the Infrastructure & Projects Directorate to help ensure that interventions meet objectives and deliver value for money.
- Support managers and business areas in designing and delivering change programmes to deliver benefits.
- Lead the co-ordination of programme and project workstreams to assist delivery.
- Assist with the procurement and management of external advisors to support the work of the Directorate.
- Help to co-ordinate key business change activities across the organisation to ensure alignment with Translink strategies.
- Prepare board papers and co-ordinate monthly progress reports on cost, schedule, risk, issues etc. to ensure appropriate governance arrangements are in place.
- Support the Directorate in meeting its objectives by deputising for managers at meetings with external bodies.
- Ensure appropriate consideration is given to the organisation's equality duties, as well as specific commitments associated with your job.
A full job description and application form can be provided upon request.
Essential experience should include the following:
- At least 1 year's experience in a similar role within business change, project or programme management.
- Experience of overseeing and reporting on budgets and expenditure.
- Understanding of project and programme management methodology, processes, techniques, roles and responsibilities including business change.
- Strong IT skills in the use of Microsoft office packages including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Good organisational and communication skils including report writing.
Please note: This is a part time contract position to cover maternity finishing in January 2020 and weekly hours will be 24 hours per week.
If you feel this "Business Change (Planning Assistant)" role is something you may be interested in and you would like to be considered please apply via the button shown. A full job spec and application form can be provided on request. Applications must be completed and returned by noon on Friday 7th December.
Contact Anne MacEntee or Damien Rafferty on 004428 9031 2009 if you would like to discuss the role specifics in more detail.
Please also be aware that any correspondence or discussions related to this opportunity will be conducted with the utmost of confidentiality.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client.