Technical Engineer (Structural)
- Location: Gilford
- SalaryDepending on experience
- Job referenceWPR01-070906
- Level of educationThird Level Degree
Working with innovative products and solutions, your new role as a 'Technical Engineer' with Construction Engineering experience, will see you combining optimum performance with design flexibility for our Client based close to Craigavon.
Being already self-motivated, well organized, with good communication skills and sound business awareness, you will join a team offering specialist steel lintel design solutions, combining experience with innovation.
Upon completion of ‘on-the-job training’, you will be expected to work on your own initiative within a vibrant team, and liaise directly with customers, providing the most practical and advanced range of lintel products on the market to the construction industry.
Technical Engineer Position Overview:
- To prepare accurate and detailed technical schedules for Steel Lintels/Structural Steel based on the information received from customers/enquiries.
- Specify/Design both standard products and bespoke products.
- Prioritise work to deliver schedules to the Sales team within a specified time frame.
- Prepare structural calculations for customers to satisfy building control.
- Answer technical queries both via telephone and in person.
- Undertake Site Visits for measuring purposes or solving technical issues when required and preparation of structural reports from these site visits.
Technical Engineer Position Requirements:
- 3rd Level qualification from an Engineering-related discipline e.g. Building/Civil/Structural Engineering.
- Preferably 2+ years' experience in a building/construction engineering role.
- Knowledge of the construction industry is essential (e.g. on site experience).
- Experience of AutoCAD and Manufacturing drawings.
- Focused on Customer Service.
- Good organisational skills.
- Target driven and ambitious.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience using Solid Works is desirable.
If you feel this "Technical Engineer" role is something you are interested in knowing more about please call Damien Rafferty or Anne MacEntee on 0044 28 90312009. If you would like to be considered for the role please apply via the button shown and we will contact you upon receipt of your application to discuss your suitability and the role specifics in more detail.
Please also be aware that any correspondence or discussions related to this opportunity will be conducted with the utmost of confidentiality.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client.