Technical Director (Civil Consultancy)
- Location: Belfast
- Job referenceWPR03-291101_1511971608
- Level of educationSee Description
As Technical Director you will play a key role in delivering and growing a well-established Design and Build portfolio on water and wastewater engineering schemes, environmental improvements and support our Client's Architectural team on delivering build projects within the Education, Healthcare, Leisure and Commercial Sector.
Our Client is one of Belfast’s leading Architectural and Engineering multidisciplinary practices, established in 1963 they have an enviable client base built on fostering partnerships and building relationships within Public and Private Sector and the top tier NI based Contractors. They have delivered iconic projects and have secured long term frameworks and partnering arrangements with strategic engineering business working in Ireland and UK.
- Extensive experience of water and wastewater engineering design (a good understanding of water and wastewater modelling would be advantageous but not essential).
- Held significant design coordinator roles in the delivery of civil engineering schemes in Ireland or UK, applications with experience within a Contractors Design Team will be welcome.
- Maintains strong client focus and track record on delivering Design and Build Projects
- Demonstrate the ability to lead and exhibit excellent communication and relationship building skills, both internally and externally
- Well-developed commercial and contract management skills with a sound knowledge of the industry within NI and UK
Duties & Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Engineering Director you will play a key role in providing both leadership and technical guidance to team members, while developing the team to its full potential. You will work closely with other senior leaders to develop and deliver the business strategy, with particular focus on Design and Build.
Additional responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinating an effective technical review process on a range of engineering design
- Oversee the delivery of projects on time, meeting both quality and budgetary targets, while striving to exceed client expectations.
- Ensuring the profitable operation of the Business Unit by delivery of the Business Plan and achievement of the agreed financial targets (net income, gross margin, working capital, cash collection).
- Liaising closely with the Business Director and Framework Managers to deliver effective and efficient bid management and acquire new business from existing and new clients.
- Promoting and market all facets of the company’s services during client interfaces and generally.
- Encouraging innovative and entrepreneurial thinking among team members.
To be considered, we are seeking candidates with the following credentials:
- Relevant Engineering Degree (e.g. Civil Engineering)
- Chartered Engineer Professional status i.e. ICE or IEI
Remuneration & Benefits:
Our Client believes in rewarding their staff with a benefits package to reward for their commitment and endeavours. You will receive a salary that will match your skills, experience and requirements, coupled with Discretionary Bonus, Pension, Healthcare, Annual Leave, Annual Professional Institution Subscription Paid, Fuel card, Cycle to Work Scheme, Childcare Vouchers. Salary will be disclosed upon application.
If you feel this Technical Director (Civil Consultancy) role is something you may be interested in and you would like to be considered, please apply via the button shown and we will contact you upon receipt of your application to discuss your suitability and the role specifics in more detail.
To hear more about this role please call Anne or Ciaran on 004428 9031 2009.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client.