Site Engineer (Highways)
- Location: Somerset
- Salary£25,000 - £30,000
- Job referenceWPR02-090203_1518194729
- Level of educationThird Level Degree
Site Engineer (Highways)
Location: Lisburn / Somerset
Salary range: £25,000 – £30,000 plus benefits, travel and accommodation
As Site Engineer you will play a key role in the delivery of a new £13m Highway scheme in the South East of England. Our Client is a Northern Ireland based Tier 1 Contractor with contracts throughout the UK and Ireland. They have an excellent reputation, known for their delivery of first class highway maintenance and framework contracts, capital road schemes, airports, public realm projects and major infrastructure projects.
Due to ongoing success and expansion they are now looking for a Site Engineer to join their UK Team and play a key role in the delivery of a new link road, two bridges and provision of cycle and pedestrian facilities.
Ranked as one of the most successful and diverse engineering contracting and quarry materials companies in the UK and Ireland, they offer a full CPD programme and actively seek and promote Engineers along their path to Chartership.
As Site Engineer you will provide dimension control, supervision and technical support and maintain good Client relationships. Duties will include:
- Undertake the surveying and setting out using Total Station, GPS and dumpy level, communicate setting out control and provide information.
- Managing materials used throughout the project, ensuring materials are ordered in a timely fashion.
- Supervise and monitor the site labour force and monitor the work of any sub-contractors.
- Ensure Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are adhered to and maintained.
- Assisting the PM and Foreman with maintaining site records, risk assessments, method statements and permits to work as appropriate.
To be considered for this role you will have:
- Previous experience as a Site Engineer working on large scale Civils projects. Experience on Highway projects would be desirable.
- Third level qualification in a relevant discipline such as Civil Engineering.
- Experience using GPS/TST and other setting out equipment.
- Valid CSR card or equivalent and driving licence.
If you are living in Northern Ireland then travel and accommodation will be supplied, the details of which will be confirmed upon application.
If you feel this "Site Engineer" role is something you are interested in knowing more about, or you would like to be considered for the role please apply via the button shown or call Damien or Anne on 004428 9031 2009 to discuss your suitability and the role specifics in more detail.
Please also be aware that any correspondence or discussions related to this opportunity will be conducted with the utmost of confidentiality.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client.