Site Agent (Wind Farm Projects)
- Location: Scotland
- Job referenceWPR01-220802
- Level of educationThird Level Degree
This is an exciting opportunity for a Site Agent to join a well-established company who provide specialist engineering installation and maintenance services to the Wind Farm industry in the UK, Ireland and Europe. This role provides the opportunity to work in one of the fastest growing sectors within the construction industry and will give you valuable experience for a career in construction management.
Our Client is a specialist wind turbine installation contractor offering heavy cranage and mechanical / electrical services to the principal wind turbine suppliers in the market, and to date they have erected over 6,000 wind turbines with an installed capacity in excess of 11GW. They are now recognised as the largest wind turbine installation contractor in the UK, with an increasing market share in mainland Europe and beyond.
Working together with the Site Manager and Project Manager, you will be responsible for assisting in the day to day running of site activities on various Wind Farm installation projects.
As Site Agent your duties will include but not be limited to the following:
- Supervision and management of site staff working with installation, commissioning and pre-assembly of wind turbines.
- Ensuring Health and Safety practices are carried out by all site staff.
- Liaison with the client/customers in daily meetings to discuss progress, site issues and governance.
- Recording all on-site activity and providing reports to the client and internal departments.
- Provide support to Project Manager in relation to cost control and contractual matters.
To be considered for this exciting role you must have:
- Degree level qualification in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, wind turbine technology or sustainable construction or relevant discipline.
- Two or three years' post graduate experience in a similar role in the Civil or Construction sectors would be essential.
- Demonstrate contractual and commercial awareness.
- Previous experience in renewable energy or wind farms is desirable, not essential.
- Flexibility in terms of travel; the role will require you to spend time at various sites in Ireland, the UK and Europe.
Location: various sites in UK, Ireland and Europe
Rotation: 4 weeks on 1 week off
Salary: £DOE, Flights and Accommodation provided
If you feel this "Site Agent (Wind Farm Projects)" vacancy is something you may be interested in and you would like to be considered please apply via the button shown and we will contact you upon receipt of your application to discuss your suitability and the role specifics in more detail.
If you wish to discuss the role in more detail please contact Anne MacEntee or Michael Knox on 0044 2890 312009.
Please also be aware that any correspondence or discussions related to this opportunity will be conducted with the utmost of confidentiality.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd and part of the Wellington International Group are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client.