Senior Structural Technician
- Location: UK
- Salary£40,000 - £50,000
- Job referenceWPR02-280101_1548695341
- Level of educationSee Description
Would you like to join a team of Building Engineers in London as a Senior Structural Technician? You could be working on a variety of exciting projects, both in the UK and internationally, for an independent firm of Designers, Planners, Engineers, Consultants and Technical Specialists, offering a broad range of professional services.
In your new role as Senior Structural Technician, your understanding of structural design principles, and several years’ experience in the industry, will have furnished you with the skills to work on prestigious projects in various sectors. You will become a valued member of a growing team, producing 3D models and drawings to a high standard, utilising BIM to its full potential to manage BIM and Drawing packages on projects through to completion.
The Skills/Experience required for the role include:
- Proven experience of working on major building projects and meeting project deliverables - some of this within a consultancy.
- Proven experience in working to the RIBA stages.
- An understanding of reinforcement detailing and steel fabrication principles.
- Delivering BIM projects to PAS 1192 and BIM Level 2 in a multidiscipline environment.
- A good awareness of BIM in respect to impacts/advantages/disadvantages of implementation on projects.
Your Software expertise should include:
- Modelling expertise – Revit Structure and/or AECOsim and/or Tekla Structures.
- BIM Coordination expertise – Navisworks and/or Bentley Navigator and/or Solibri Model Checker and/or Tekla BIMsight.
- Drawing Expertise – AutoCAD and/or Microstation.
- Freeform modelling expertise – Rhino and/or Sketchup.
- Computational design expertise – Dynamo and/or Grasshopper.
It would be desirable if you possessed the following:
- Rail experience.
- Able to review a BIM execution plan.
- Experience in computational design.
- Experience working on in-house multi-discipline projects.
- Site experience.
- Experience in working with common data environments.
- Experience in using cloud-based BIM issue management platforms.
Being with a company that thinks long term you will have the opportunity to train, develop skills and pursue various career opportunities, including working abroad. The competitive salary on offer is accompanied by an extensive benefits package, which can include Healthcare, Life Assurance, Accident insurance, Income protection, access to a range of flexible working options, Flexible Benefits Fund and a Global Profit Share scheme.
If you feel this "Senior Structural Technician" role is something you may be interested in and you would like to be considered please apply via the button shown and we will contact you upon receipt of your application to discuss your suitability and the role specifics in more detail.
If you wish to discuss the role in more detail please contact Anne MacEntee or Damien Rafferty on 0044 2890 312009, where we can further cover the skills and knowledge requirements, including Software experience required.
Please also be aware that any correspondence or discussions related to this opportunity will be conducted with the utmost of confidentiality.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd and part of the Wellington International Group are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client.