Senior Structural Engineer
- Location: BELFAST
- Salary£30,000 - £40,000
- Job referenceWPR01-300803_1535640762
- Level of educationThird Level Degree
As Senior Structural Engineer you will be joining a leading consultancy with offices throughout the world. Based in the Belfast office, you will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team on both Civil and Building Structure projects, with the opportunity to work across a wide range of large-scale and high-profile schemes throughout Northern Ireland.
WPR are working alongside our Client who is a leading development and infrastructure organisation that are seeing significant growth and now requires a Senior Structural Engineer to further strengthen their design capabilities in Belfast. Employee career development is at the core of this company and as such they will fully support membership and progression to becoming Chartered, while offering a competitive salary, long term opportunities and career progression.
As Lead Structural Engineer your role will include but not be limited to the following:
- Representing Employers throughout the full life cycle of projects.
- Assisting with feasibility studies, option appraisals, cost plans and business cases.
- Working with other design team members in an integrated design team approach.
- Procurement including preparation of contract documents, drawings and specifications.
- Construction stage project management, monitoring progress against programme, assessing costs for works completed and ensuring quality.
- Working to meet Health and Safety and overall project quality objectives.
In order to be considered for the role you will have:
- Degree in a related discipline such as Civil/Structural Engineering.
- At least 5 years' experience in the design of Building Structures, Foundations and Civil Structures.
- Proven experience in the design of Civil Structures and Building Structures.
- Chartered, or near Chartered Engineer, with IStuctE or ICE.
- Structural Analysis Software proficient.
- Experience in design of roads, infrastructure, water/waste water.
- Experience of NEC3 Project Management.
- Programming (MS Project or similar).
- MapInfo / GIS.
- BIM / Revit.
If you feel this "Senior Structural Engineer" role is something you may be interested in and you would like to be considered please apply via the button shown and we will contact you upon receipt of your application to discuss your suitability and the role specifics in more detail. Please also be aware that any correspondence or discussions related to this opportunity will be conducted with the utmost of confidentiality.
To hear more about this opportunity please contact Michael Knox or Anne MacEntee on 028 90312009.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client.