Senior Signalling and Telecoms Engineer (Rail)
- Location: BELFAST
- Job referenceWPR01-111001_1539273339
- Level of educationThird Level Degree
Translink are embarking on a range of new Rail engineering projects throughout Belfast / Northern Ireland and require a Head of Signalling and Telecoms to join their senior management team. You will be responsible for setting strategies for the Signalling & Telecoms network and providing leadership to the department managers for Health & Safety, maintenance, finance, planning projects and Human Resources.
Translink is Northern Ireland main public transport provider with a strategy to maintain and grow passenger and network capacity, with plans to introduce higher speed service, track upgrades, station refurbs and new builds, refurbishment of trains and upgrade ticketing systems.
*Please note that a CV and an application form have to be submitted before 12:00pm on Monday 22nd October so early application is advisable*
As the Head of Signalling and Telecoms your responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Set appropriate and comprehensive standards for the safe design, installation, testing, maintenance and inspection of the Signalling & Telecom infrastructure.
- Ensure effective procedures and controls are in place that enable the management of health, safety, environment and the welfare of all staff within the Signalling & Telecoms department.
- Accountable for the preparation and implementation of a Signalling & Telecoms maintenance plan that ensures the assets are maintained to appropriate safety/quality standards and cost effectively.
- Accountable for the preparation of a departmental budget and ensuring that adequate controls are in place to manage spend within the agreed budgets.
- Accountable for the preparation and delivery of a Signalling & Telecoms capital works plan and programme in accordance with agreed safety targets, cost, quality and time.
- Implement sufficient controls to ensure that all contractors and designers working on the company's Signalling & Telecoms assets are competent and undertake their duties safely.
- Keep up to date asset register of all Signalling & Telecoms assets.
To be considered for this role you will have:
- Degree in a related discipline such as Electrical / Electronic Engineering or related.
- Chartered or working towards Chartership in a related professional body.
- At least 5 to 10 years experience in the design, maintenance, construction and project management of Electrical / Electronic systems in a railway environment.
- Experience of managing Safety, Health and Environment in a railway environment.
- Experience of conditioning monitoring of signaling assets
(A full job specification and application form can be provided upon application)
If you feel this "Head of Signalling and Telecoms" role is something you may be interested in please contact Michael Knox or Anne MacEntee in Belfast on 02890 312009 for further information.
If you would like to be considered, please apply via the button shown and we will contact you upon receipt of your application to discuss your suitability and the role specifics in more detail.
Please also be aware that any correspondence or discussions related to this opportunity will be conducted with the utmost of confidentiality.
A full job spec and application form can be provided on request. Applications must be completed and returned by 12:00 noon on Monday 22nd October.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client.