Senior Quantity Surveyor / Commercial Manager
- Location: County Down
- Job referenceWPR01-271201
- Level of educationThird Level Degree
A well established, specialist Metalwork Fabrication Contractor are recruiting a Commercial Manager to join their team of design and fabrication professionals, delivering complex Steel Fabrication services to some of the biggest construction companies in the UK.
Based in County Down, our Client is renowned for their expertise in both design and fabrication of metalwork and pipewelding. They have secured a creditable reputation with repeat contracts, from a vast array of UK Tier 1 Contractors, on projects such as London Cross Rail, Water/Wastewater Treatment Projects, Marine, Education, Residential and Healthcare.
Due to this ongoing success they are looking to strengthen their Commercial team with the appointment of a Senior Quantity Surveyor to act as their Commercial Lead. You will be responsible for ensuring strong control on variations on all ongoing secured contracts, whilst maximising profitability by strong commercial management of contract works, variations and final accounts.
Some of your responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Fulfil role as commercial point of contact for all live contracts.
- Manage all variation pricing and keeping up to date all variation order registers.
- Assist the FD with monthly applications for payment/invoicing.
- Oversee preparation of contract application for payment/white cards.
- Review contract documentation and position statements prior to entering new contracts.
- Manage reporting of provisions on all live contracts to allow information to be measured against actual.
- Attend monthly Commercial Meetings to review live tender lists and prioritise key tenders.
- Liaise with the design team and client.
- Assist with sales forecasting.
- Oversee raising of subcontractor payments.
To be considered for the role you will have:
- Excellent client facing skills with ability to see projects through to completion, on time and to budget, communicating and negotiating with both clients and sub-contractors.
- Highly desirable is at least 5 years' experience in a similar Senior Quantity Surveyor role with a civil/building contractor.
- Degree level qualification in a relevant technical discipline, such as Quantity Surveying.
- You will also have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
If you feel this exciting "Senior Quantity Surveyor" role is something you may be interested in and you would like to be considered please apply via the button shown and we will contact you upon receipt of your application to discuss your suitability and the role specifics in more detail. Please also be aware that any correspondence or discussions related to this opportunity will be conducted with the utmost of confidentiality.
If you wish to discuss the role in more detail please contact either Anne MacEntee or Michael Knox on 0044 2890 312009.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client.