Senior Property Development Manager (Commercial and Residential)
- Location: Northern Ireland
- Job referenceWPR03-060701
- Level of educationSee Description
With a portfolio of sites at various stages of planning and acquisition, this private and wholly owned Property Development Company wish to appoint a Senior Property Development Manager to lead a team in the development and management of their activities, ranging from land identification and feasibility evaluation, oversee the planning and design, direct the site development and construction, control finances and market the end product.
About our Client:
Our Client is a privately owned Property Development company who have substantial assets and have acquired a number of sites at various stages of planning and design. The sites are Residential and Commercial in nature and range from a Belfast City Centre Hotel to zoned land parcels in prime areas for housing within the North/North East. They are looking for an experienced Property Development Manager who can step into their lean business structure at a Senior/Director level and grow their portfolio, manage their property operations and build a property team accordingly. They will consider candidates who come from both development and construction/building practices. Applicants will have the relevant sector experience and can exhibit proven ability to deliver and manage and understand the Property market.
As Senior Property Development Manager you will develop relations with external consultancies who are appointed to progress with the initial Planning negotiations. You will advise the business owner and interpret the client brief to produce the final design and delivery route for Residential led Mixed-Use construction projects. You will be involved with all aspects of pre-construction activities and appointing the contractor. You will then oversee (inclusive but not exclusive to) the formal tendering process, contract administration, permits needed to ensure the successful delivery of the construction programme for each of the projects.
- Development of Client Briefs and Project Execution Plans to deliver outputs.
- Manage planning and design teams in the development of design solutions to planning application and approval.
- Assist with the compilation of tender documents, and critically reviewing tender returns, contract negotiations, award of contracts and client reporting.
- Initiation and development of project documentation, programmes, master budget etc.
- Design and produce reports to suit relevant stages of the projects.
- Manage reporting on the contractors progress against the contract programme.
- Direct consultant teams to ensure that the contractor's design is done in compliance with the contract.
- Direct Agents in the marketing and disposal of developed properties.
- Build and lead an in-house team of professionals to assist in the delivery of development projects.
- Report regularly to Directors on progress of projects and on completion and potential opportunities.
The Successful Applicant:
- You must demonstrate a proven track record in successfully being able to manage the full life-cycle of construction projects; from inception through to completion and possess an understanding of the current trends within the Property Market in Northern Ireland.
- In excess of 15 years' post qualification experience with a Consultancy or Property Developer as a Senior Manager.
- A strong track record of project managing and delivering residential development/ regeneration/construction projects.
- A successful background as a Property Development Manager delivering prime Residential, Commercial and Mixed-Use projects in the UK/Ireland.
- Commercially astute with a systematic approach to risk.
- Previous client side experience is preferable as you will be acting as the decision maker.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder skills are a necessity.
On offer is a competitive salary and bonus reward package.
If you feel this "Senior Property Development Manager" role is something you are interested in discussing further please call Anne on 0044 28 90312009 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to be considered for the role please apply via the button shown and we will contact you upon receipt of your application to discuss your suitability and the role specifics in more detail. Please also be aware that any correspondence or discussions related to this opportunity will be conducted with the utmost of confidentiality.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client.