Senior Project Manager (Civil Engineering)
- Location: BELFAST
- Job referenceWPR01-060902_1536232881
- Level of educationThird Level Degree
As a Senior Project Manager you will lead and manage sub-sections of the Network Engineering Project Management Team in the development and delivery of a broad range of projects identified in the Translink's Capital Plan. Translink are embarking on a range of new engineering projects throughout Belfast/Northern Ireland. These projects include railway networks, civil engineering and environmental works, as well as other infrastructure projects.
As the successful candidate your new role will include but not be limited to the following:
- Plan the programme in conjunction with the Project Assurance Office, and proactively monitoring its progress, resolving issues and initiating appropriate corrective action.
- Ensuring effective quality assurance and the overall integrity of the programme - focusing on planning, interfaces with other programmes and corporate, technical and specialist standards.
- Managing Programme's budget on behalf of the Senior Programme Manager, monitoring expenditure and costs against delivered and realised benefits.
- Ensuring the delivery of projects is to the appropriate level of quality, on time and within budget, in accordance with the programme plan and programme governance arrangements.
- Managing risks to the Programme's successful outcome.
- Reporting the progress of the programme at regular intervals to the SRO, Translink Executive Boards, Senior Programme Manager and Government Departments.
- Provide leadership, with the support of the Senior Programme Manager, on Programme for Government, Strategic, National and local projects.
To be considered for this role you will have:
- Degree in a related discipline such as Civil Engineering/Construction Management. Project Management accreditations would be desirable but not essential.
- Chartered, or working towards Chartership, in a Civil Engineering or a Construction related professional body.
- At least 5 to 10 years' experience in project management, programming and delivery of civil engineering projects. Experience of rail projects would be advantageous.
- Experience of NEC3 Contracts and managing budgets.
- Experience of dealing with stakeholders.
(A full job specification and application form can be provided upon application)
If you wish to discuss the role in more detail please contact either Anne MacEntee or Michael Knox on 0044 2890 312009.
Please also be aware that any correspondence or discussions related to this opportunity will be conducted with the utmost of confidentiality.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client.