Senior Mechanical Engineer (Building Services)
- Location: Belfast
- Salary£35,000 - £45,000
- Job referenceWPR01-200701_1532079046
- Level of educationThird Level Degree
As Senior Mechanical Engineer you will join one of Ireland's leading Building Services Consultancy Practices with offices in Dublin, Belfast and London.
Based in Belfast, you will be involved in the design of local projects and be given the opportunity to design and deliver some of the most prestigious projects in the UK and Ireland. This company works in the leisure, health, commercial, industrial and public realm sectors and has a reputation for being dedicated to developing innovative and sustainable engineering solutions for a diverse client base.
Our Client is an award winning Building Services and Environmental Engineering Consultancy. Their innovative approach to design and engineering solutions has seen them pick up a number of awards and become a recognised name in the Building Services sector. Due to strong growth they are seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer with a strong Building Services background to join their team in Belfast.
As Senior Mechanical Engineer, some of your duties will include the following:
- Act as Project Engineer with responsibility for the mechanical design on a range of project, including technical and design management.
- Developing project scope with design team/client, including budgeting and reporting.
- Implement and oversee successful design solutions for Projects.
- Attend client and project team negotiations and interactions leading to the successful development of design solutions to meet client expectations.
- Oversee resource management and planning to ensure successful Project delivery.
- Provide some technical guidance and mentoring to less experienced members of the team.
- Assist the Management Team with Business Development and Financial Control activities.
To be considered for this role you will have:
- Experience in taking an active role in project delivery; from concept stage to completion.
- Ability to present and communicate ideas with clients, architects and project managers.
- Degree qualified in a relevant discipline such as Mechanical or Building Services Engineering with 5 to 6 years' experience.
- Working towards Chartership (current Chartership status would be beneficial).
- Competent design software and IT skills.
- Ability to think outside the core M&E discipline and integrate a multi-disciplinary approach into holistic coordinated solutions.
You will also have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, and a proven aptitude for working to strict timeframes.
If you feel this "Senior Mechanical Engineer - Building Services" role is something you may be interested in and you would like to be considered please apply via the button shown or contact Anne MacEntee or Michael Knox directly on 02890 312009 to discuss your suitability and the role specifics in more detail.
Please be aware that any correspondence or discussions related to this opportunity will be conducted with the utmost of confidentiality.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd and part of the Wellington International Group are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client.