Senior Civil Engineer - Design Consultancy
- Location: BELFAST
- Job referenceWPR01-051001_1538748883
- Level of educationThird Level Degree
As Senior Civil Engineer you will join a well-established multi-disciplinary Architectural and Engineering Consultancy, delivering prestigious construction projects within Education, Health, Leisure, Infrastructure (Road and Water), Residential, Environmental and Commercial Sector.
With a team of Civil Design and Structural engineers on hand to deliver landmark projects for local Government and local Building Contractors, you will have an opportunity to build on your existing experience and deliver civil infrastructure schemes from inception to completion, offering the opportunity to design and project manage, client and stakeholder engagement, preparation of drawings, calculations, programmes, specifications etc.
A high level of autonomy is associated with this position, our client will fully support membership and career progression to becoming chartered while offering a competitive salary and a diverse range of projects. Based in Belfast and working throughout UK and ROI, there may be some travel required but this is limited to very occasionally.
As a member of the Civil Engineering Team and under the guidance of senior team members you will undertake the following duties:
- Preparing conceptual, schematic and detailed design solutions for various elements of civil infrastructure engineering projects using AutoCAD.
- Liaising and co-ordinating with other design team members, both in house, other offices and/or external consultants.
- Attending design team meetings and client liaison meetings as appropriate.
- Assisting in the preparation of drawing lists, programmes, specifications and progress reports using Microsoft Office software.
KEY ATTRIBUTES AND EXPERIENCE:
- Applicants must have a degree in civil engineering or related discipline.
- Chartered or progressing along a route to chartership.
- Have circa 3-7 years' experience in a similar Design and Project Management of civil engineering infrastructure projects.
- Strong AutoCAD skills.
- Microdrainage or similar software packages is desirable but not essential.
If you feel this 'Senior Civil Engineer Design Consultancy' role is something you may be interested in and you would like to be considered, please apply via the button shown and we will contact you upon receipt of your application to discuss your suitability and the role specifics in more detail.
To speak with one of our Civil Engineering Consultants and find out more about the role please call Anne MacEntee or Michael Knox on Belfast 0044 2890 312009.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client.