Quantity Surveyor (Construction)
- Location: BELFAST
- Salary£30,000 - £40,000
- Job referenceWPR01-130601_1528880738
- Level of educationThird Level Degree
As Quantity Surveyor you will be working on a number of construction building projects for a growing contractor based in Belfast. Working closely with the Contracts Manager you will become a key member of the team, who will be provide Quantity Surveying and Estimating support across all the company's operations.
Our Client is a leading name delivering social housing, education, leisure, commercial, retail and office space, industrial, health projects to a variety of local, national and multi-national clients. Due to continued growth within the company they are expanding the commercial team in Belfast and require a Quantity Surveyor to assist in the successful delivery of these projects.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Preparation of costed estimates for new works tenders in line with tender return deadlines.
- Liaise with Operations Managers on the breakdown of in-house & supplier resources.
- Liaison with clients, architects, consultants during the tender process including site visits.
- Preparation of tender settlement packs including itemised cost breakdowns, supplier quotations, preliminaries and projected contributions.
- Liaise with Operations Managers on the set up, supplier procurement and delivery of new works contracts.
- Preparation of interim claims, final accounts, consolidated valuations including all supporting documentation.
- Manage in-house and sub-contractor costs in line with contract rates.
- Preparation of cash flow forecasts and cost reports for clients' contract review meetings.
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with clients and consultants to help the Commercial development of existing and new business opportunities.
- 5 - 10 years' experience in a similar Quantity Surveyor role with a background ideally in fit out / private & social housing / commercial / health & leisure.
- Good understanding of private and public sector procurement processes.
- Minimum 3rd level qualification in a relevant technical discipline e.g. Quantity Surveying.
- Experience of pricing and delivering Measured Term Contracts using PSA, NHF etc.
- Working knowledge of various Forms of Contract - NEC3, JCT, GC Works etc.
- IT Skills - Word, Excel, Autocad, Projects, estimating software etc.
- Strong verbal and written skills for tender preparation, client communications and costed estimates.
If you feel this 'Quantity Surveyor' role is something you may be interested in and you would like to be considered please apply via the button shown and we will contact you upon receipt of your application to discuss your suitability and the role specifics in more detail. Please also be aware that any correspondence or discussions related to this opportunity will be conducted with the utmost of confidentiality.
If you would like to hear more about this role please contact Michael Knox or Anne MacEntee on 028 9031 2009.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client.