- Location: Banbridge
- Salary£40,000 - £45,000
- Job referenceWPR02-240102_1548333259
- Level of educationThird Level Degree
As Quantity Surveyor you will join a well-established Civil and Building Contractor with a reputation for delivering all aspects of groundworks and building works, including specialist Sports Pitches and track surfaces, Road Construction, play parks and environmental improvements.
You will become a senior member of the team, providing Quantity Surveying and Estimating across all the company’s operations. Based in Banbridge, our Client has successfully developed and expanded their Sports Ground and Play Park Division, successfully completing a wide range of both natural and synthetic 2G and 3G surfaces, with all installations carried out by their skilled crew and specialist equipment.
Due to continued growth within the company they require a Quantity Surveyor to assist in the successful delivery of these projects, enhancing value for money and achieving the required standards and quality.
Duties will include:
- Sourcing, negotiation and evaluation of suppliers and sub-contractors’ quotations.
- Lead in the estimating process and control budgets where required.
- In conjunction with Junior QS, prepare take offs for activity schedules, BOQ documentation preparation from drawings, specification and schedule finishes.
- In conjunction with the Contracts Manager, monitor and track project outputs, progress and programme.
- Liaise externally with suppliers and customers regarding project progress and contractual issues.
- Comply with health and safety procedures and policies to ensure the project is carried out without risk to self and others.
To be considered for this Quantity Surveyor role you will have:
- 3rd level Quantity Surveying or Construction Engineering Management qualification.
- Minimum 5 years' post-qualification experience in an engineering and/or surveying role.
- Experience of Civil Engineering and minor building contracts.
- Experience of working with JCT, ICE and NEC contracts.
- Experience of dealing with clients and settlement of final accounts for private and public sector clients.
Salary £40,000 - £45,000
If you feel this ‘Quantity Surveyor’ role is of interest and you would like to be considered, please apply via the button shown and we will contact you upon receipt of your application to discuss your suitability and the role specifics in more detail.
To speak with one of our Civil Engineering Consultants and find out more about the role please call Anne MacEntee or Damien Rafferty on Belfast 0044 2890 312009.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client.