Project Manager (Railway Assets)
- Location: BELFAST
- SalaryDepending on experience
- Job referenceWPR02-071101_1541608054
- Level of educationThird Level Diploma
As Project Manager you will join the Translink team, responsible for the management of the companies Off Track Permanent Way Assets, which include fence line, level crossings, signage, walking routes etc. Your department will be responsible for the management of track side assets to ensure the safety of public, passengers and staff. You will also be responsible for ensuring assets are inspected and maintained in accordance with NIR standards to ensure safety, durability and cost effectiveness.
*Please note that application forms have to be submitted before Tuesday 20th November so early application is advisable*
As the Project Manager your new role will include but not be limited to the following:
- Delivering an inspection programme to assess the condition of the Company’s Off Track Permanent Way Assets.
- Review, Specify, plan, organise and deliver remedial and maintenance works using in-house and external resources.
- Manage maintenance budget for off track works.
- Develop and maintain a robust asset condition register to inform decision making in the allocation of funding.
- Act as lead user for the identification and prioritisation of capital work projects on off track assets.
- Responsible for the specification of requirements for projects and technical approval of submitted solutions.
- Produce Risk Assessments and Method Statements for works under your control.
- Advise other parties on appropriate systems of work relative to the railway environment and type of work.
- Investigate complaints relating to track side assets, decide on appropriate course of action and feedback to complainants.
- Defend the Company’s position where dispute arises. Where action is required, develop solutions and implement.
- Review parking arrangements at access points and develop plans to enhance the safety of staff and the public.
To be considered for this role you will have:
- At least 3 years' experience in a relevant engineering or construction related discipline interpreting and working to engineering standards and organising and managing resources including contract management.
- Minimum of third level qualification in a relevant engineering or construction related discipline e.g. HNC or NVQ Level 4.
- Experience in asset condition inspection, workload prioritization and technical specification while maintaining accurate inspection records and producing reports and project documentation.
- Ability to analyse inspection findings and project data along with compiling and presenting engineering and project reports.
- Experience of applying health, safety and environmental legislation requirements.
- Experience of using MS Office, MS Access and MS Project and a high level of computer literacy skills with ability to set up asset registers and databases.
- It would also be desirable if candidates possessed a NEBOSH qualification or equivalent.
(A full job specification and application form can be provided upon application)
If you feel this "Project Manager - Railway Assets" role is something you may be interested in please contact Damien Rafferty or Anne MacEntee in Belfast on 02890 312009 for further information.
If you would like to be considered, please apply via the button shown and we will contact you upon receipt of your application to discuss your suitability and the role specifics in more detail.
Please also be aware that any correspondence or discussions related to this opportunity will be conducted with the utmost of confidentiality.
A full job spec and application form can be provided on request. Applications must be completed and returned by 5pm Tuesday 20th November.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client.