Project Engineer (Appointed Person)
- Location: County Monaghan
- SalarySee Job Description
- Job referenceWPR01-080801_1533717479
Excellent opportunity for Project Engineer / Appointed Person with an interest and experience in the planning of Site Lifting and Crane Works. You will join a well-established company who provide specialist engineering installation and maintenance services to the wind farm industry in the UK, Ireland and Europe. This role provides the opportunity to work in one of the fastest growing sectors within the construction industry and will give you valuable experience for a career in renewable industry.
Our client is a specialist wind turbine installation contractor offering heavy cranage and mechanical / electrical services to the principal wind turbine suppliers in the market and to date they have erected over 5,000 wind turbines with an installed capacity in excess of 10 GW. They are now recognised as the largest wind turbine installation contractor in the UK with an increasing market share in mainland Europe and beyond.
As Project Engineer / Appointed Person, working together with the Technical Manager and Project Managers you will be responsible for the effective pre planning of lifting strategies for crane work. Principle duties will include but not be limited to the following:
- Pre planning of the most effective execution of lifting strategy for crane works.
- Produce technical drawings in both plan and elevation views as part of a lifting plan.
- Identify any potential problems via site visits, technical drawings and production of lifting plans and ensure solutions are implemented prior to the mobilisation to site.
- Evaluate, organise and prioritise workload within schedule.
- Complete Critical lift documents as part of the lift plan and submittal to client for approval and review.
- Ensure that the Crane Supervisor is competent and is fully briefed on the contents of the safe methods of work and critical lift documents.
- Have the authority to stop a lifting operation where danger is likely to arise of the operation where to continue.
(A full job description can be provided upon request)
To be considered for this exciting role you must have:
- Relevant experience with the heavy lift / crane industry with knowledge of cranes and crane operation systems.
- Relevant Appointed person training.
- Ability to use AutoCAD to prepare technical drawings for lifting plans.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety and legal regulations within the industry.
Salary: €30,000 - €40,000 DOE.
If you feel this Project Engineer / Appointed Person vacancy is something you may be interested in and you would like to be considered please apply via the button shown and we will contact you upon receipt of your application to discuss your suitability and the role specifics in more detail.
If you wish to discuss the role in more detail please contact Anne MacEntee or Michael Knox on 0044 2890 312009.
Please also be aware that any correspondence or discussions related to this opportunity will be conducted with the utmost of confidentiality.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd and part of the Wellington International Group are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client.