NEC Senior Cost Manager
- Location: BELFAST
- Job referenceWPR02-070301_1551970957
- Level of educationThird Level Degree
As NEC Senior Cost Manager, you will develop best practice standards for cost and value management for projects and ensure effective implementation and performance management across the capital portfolio ensuing optimum return on investment. You will also undertake independent reviews of business cases with regards to cost, value, risk and benefits.
The NEC Senior Cost Manager will represent Translink at relevant government COPE and contribute to development of best practice guidance on cost, value, benefits and risk management, including performance management and reporting.
As NEC Cost Manager your new role will include but not be limited to the following:
- Ensure effective implementation of best practice cost, value, risk and benefits management including performance management and reporting.
- Analyse and report on cost, value, risk and benefits management KPI’s across all projects to establish trends, issues and influence changes required to maintain continuous improvement.
- Develop long term asset management costs and benchmarking against industry ‘business as usual’ business case and demonstrate VfM.
- Ensure quality of cost/value management workshops, risk workshops, quantitative risks assessments for programmes and projects.
- Undertake independent review of project costs, value, risks and benefits at key Gateways on behalf of SRO and make recommendations for successful delivery.
A full job description and application form can be provided upon request.
Essential experience should include the following:
- Minimum of a Degree in Construction, Engineering or other Commercial Management discipline, eligible or approaching Chartership.
- Project management experience to include cost estimating/planning and control gained on multiple major complex projects.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience leading cost management within a projects or asset / facility management function.
It would be desirable if candidates had the following:
- Proven experience of developing or reviewing business cases, along with benefits management.
- Possess PRINCE2, APM, MSP or equivalent accreditation.
- Cost management in a railway engineering/public transport environment.
If you feel this "NEC Senior Cost Manager” role is something you may be interested in and you would like to be considered please apply via the button shown.
Contact Damien Rafferty or Anne MacEntee on 004428 9031 2009 if you would like to discuss the role specifics in more detail.
Please also be aware that any correspondence or discussions related to this opportunity will be conducted with the utmost of confidentiality.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client.