MEICA Project Engineer (Water/Wastewater)
- Location: Newry and Tyrone
- Job referenceWPR01-211201
- Level of educationSee Description
An opportunity has arisen for a Project Engineer (MEICA) to join an established team of Mechanical, Electrical and Process Engineers in delivering innovative and cost-effective Wastewater Solutions to the Ireland market.
Whilst the company HQ is based in Newry, Co. Down, you will be working throughout Northern Ireland and reporting to the Contracts Manager. You will be involved in the project delivery of capital upgrades and asset maintenance for NI Water and Irish Water, as well as package solutions for private industry clients within the food, agri and energy sectors.
Due to recent contract awards, our Client is seeing strong growth on the back of successfully delivering many projects as part of long term Framework agreements with NI Water and Irish Water, and are looking to recruit new talent into their Project Delivery Team to support this growth.
Your new company has a unique offering; providing services from feasibility and design, through to offsite fabrication, installation, construction and commissioning. You will have the opportunity to develop solutions and see them delivered, working closely with experienced design and site teams. As Industry leaders at the forefront of current technologies, with over 30 years' experience in matching and exceeding client expectations delivering excellence and innovation, you will experience working and delivering the best solution!
As MEICA Project Engineer your main duties will include the following:
- Provide technical management of the on-site activities, oversee the planning and programming, liaise with the design team and site installation works to ensure satisfactory design, construction, commissioning and handover.
- Ensure compliance throughout all projects with relevant health and safety regulations, environmental policies, QMS, customer requirements and general duty of care.
- Monitor progress with respect to cost and quality and prepare progress reports for presentation to the Contracts Manager, attend site progress meetings, value engineering workshops etc.
- From time to time, contribute to the preparation of Tender documents and assist with the pricing and ordering of equipment from suppliers/potential suppliers.
Skills and Experience:
- An industry applicable ONC/HNC/BEng or equivalent third level qualification.
- Circa 3 years' demonstrable experience of working within the wastewater or water industry.
- Demonstrate commercial and contractual awareness.
- Have good IT skills including MS Project, Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- CAD experience would be advantageous.
- You will also have excellent organisational, interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- With the nature of the role there will be travel throughout Northern Ireland, with the occasional trip to RoI (expenses paid).
If you feel this "MEICA Engineer (Water/Wastewater)" role is something you may be interested in and you would like to find out additional information please contact Anne MacEntee or Michael Knox on 0044 2890 312009.
If you would like to be considered, please apply via the button shown and we will contact you upon receipt of your application to discuss your suitability and the role specifics in more detail.
Please also be aware that any correspondence or discussions related to this opportunity will be conducted with the utmost of confidentiality.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client.