Mechanical Engineer (Plant)
- Location: Belfast
- SalaryDepending on experience
- Job referenceWPR02-291101
- Level of educationThird Level Diploma
As Mechanical Engineer you will join a management team of engineers responsible for the effective operation of Translink On Track Plant throughout their Northern Ireland Railways network, supporting both maintenance and operational teams in their construction and maintenance of the Track asset. Your department will ensure the fleet of On Track Machines and Road Rail Excavators are serviced and maintained to deliver and support the timetabled services ensuring best possible use of resources.
*Please note that detailed application forms must be submitted before Monday 10th December so early application is advisable*
As the On Track Plant Engineer your new role will include but not be limited to the following:
- Manage and co-ordinate maintenance of both On Track Machines (OTMs), Road Rail Vehicles (RRVs) across seasonal campaigns ensuring they are fully utilised to meet the obligations of contracted hours (includes tampers, regulator, welder and MPV) as well as providing timely response to plant breakdowns
- Develop a management system to ensure RRV & OTM plant and operators are subjected to rigorous testing in order to demonstrate best practice performance.
- Responsible for the provision and maintenance of NIR wagons and attachments to assist both the maintenance and capital functions of Translink and its contractors.
- Track and ensure operators are fully compliant in relation to driving, technical and NIR Rule Book competency.
- Provide technical input to the Projects Planning Department, Track Maintenance Department and external contractors regarding both the availability and capability of on track engineering machinery.
To be considered for this role you will have:
- Mechanical engineering qualification with at least 3 years’ proven track record of working with specialised large plant. Previous Rail experience is not essential although desirable.
- Experience of using MS Office, MS Access and MS Project and a high level of computer literacy skills with ability to set up asset registers and databases.
- Experience of organising and managing resources and staff
- Ability to understand and implement operating manuals and maintenance schedules
- Proven track record of working with specialized large plant and interpreting and working to engineering, H&S and environmental standards
It would be desirable if candidates had experience in the operation and/or maintenance of On Track Plant or within a construction environment.
(A full job specification and application form can be provided upon application)
If you feel this "Mechanical Engineer (Railway Plant)" role is something you may be interested in please contact Damien or Anne in Belfast on 00442890312009 for further information.
If you would like to be considered, please apply via the button shown and we will contact you upon receipt of your application to discuss your suitability and the role specifics in more detail.
Please also be aware that any correspondence or discussions related to this opportunity will be conducted with the utmost of confidentiality.
A full job spec and application form can be provided on request. Applications must be completed and returned by Monday 10th December.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client.