Junior Quantity Surveyor (Civil / Utility)
- Location: BELFAST
- Job referenceWPR03-301101_1512034014
- Level of educationThird Level Degree
A forward thinking, progressive Civil and Utility Contractor are looking to add a Quantity Surveyor to their commercial team in their head office in Belfast. You will work closely with the engineers and managers to deliver innovative solutions on long term frameworks established with local Public and Private Sector Clients within the Water/Wastewater, Power and Telecommunications industries.
Our client is currently delivering a range of Civil Engineering projects across Ireland and has seen significant growth in obtaining a number of large contracts in the water, wastewater and utilities sectors. This role will see you based in Northern Ireland with minimal travel so if you are looking to remain in NI or are currently travelling frequently, this role will give you the opportunity to remain close to home and work on some very exciting projects with a company that promotes professional development.
*Please note the closing date for this role is: 08/12/17*
Some typical responsibilities will include:
- Processing sub-contractor payments and monitoring variations in costing.
- Input & maintenance of a contract cost reporting system that can effectively manage the financial status of the project.
- Monitor labour, plant & other cost allocations.
- Producing and completing periodic cost forecasting.
- Work as part of a team but also be able to work without direct supervision.
In order to be considered for this role you will have:
- Degree qualification in Quantity Surveying with experience within the Civil Engineering / Utility industry.
- Experience in procurement, measurement and finalisation of sub-contracts.
- Experience of producing valuations / final accounts.
- Competent in MS Excel & Word.
If you feel this ‘Quantity Surveyor – Civils / Utility’ role is something you may be interested in and you would like to be considered, please apply via the button shown and we will contact you upon receipt of your application to discuss your suitability and the role specifics in more detail.
Please also be aware that any correspondence or discussions related to this opportunity will be conducted with the utmost of confidentiality.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client.