Health and Safety Officer (Construction/Manufacturing)
- Location: Cadeby, close to Leicester
- Job referenceWPR01-071201
- Level of educationSee Description
WPR are seeking to appoint an Health, Safety and Environmental Officer to join our Client's Health & Safety department in Cadeby, close to Leicester, where you will report to the HSEQ Manager and assist in the effective management of the functions of Safety, Health and Environmental issues for one of their precast concrete plants.
Our Client is one of the UK's leading companies in the manufacture, supply and delivery of precast concrete solutions and are currently looking to strengthen their Health and Safety team. Reporting to the SHEQ Manager, you will be tasked with development and implementation on site as well as advice, auditing and general management on site of all Health, Safety and Environmental matters.
Please note, applications should be returned by Thursday 13 December so early application is advisable.
Some typical responsibilities will include:
- Assist with the compilation and implementation of H&S procedures, policies and other documentation.
- Ensure effective maintenance and improvement of the IMS in relation to OHSAS 18001 standard.
- Conduct general risk assessments throughout the Precast concrete plants.
- Conduct workplace audits and report findings of non-compliance to production managers and SHE Manager, making recommendations for improvement as necessary.
- Visit site locations when deemed necessary to advise on safe off loading/handling of products.
- Promote a positive culture of H&S whilst recommending new initiatives for continuous improvement.
- Work closely with HSE Manager and colleagues to help maintain the internal health & safety standards within the precast concrete plants.
In order to be considered for this exciting role you must have:
- At least 2 years' experience in a similar HSEQ Advisor/H&S Officer role within the construction contracting or manufacturing sector.
- A relevant H&S qualification such as NEBOSH certificate or diploma.
- Understanding of the Legislative framework surrounding Health, Safety and the Environment.
- Experience in the development and implementation of Quality Management Systems, Plans, and Records.
- Excellent grasp of MS Office packages.
- Must be prepared to travel between different sites.
If you feel this "Health, Safety and Environmental Officer" role is something you may be interested in and you would like to be considered please apply via the button shown and we will contact you upon receipt of your application to discuss your suitability and the role specifics in more detail. Please also be aware that any correspondence or discussions related to this opportunity will be conducted with the utmost of confidentiality.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client.